||A Service Desk Internship job in Clayton, NC is available through Belcan with one of our key pharmaceutical clients. To be considered for this role, you will be working towards an AS or BS degree it IT or related field, have a GPA of 3.0 or higher and be in the final year of your program. In this internship role, you will provide first line technical support and customer service support to clients, including responding to Level 1 technical support incidents and requests, as well as performing troubleshooting procedures and solving technical problems on computer hardware, software, components and network connectivity. This includes, but is not limited to desktop PC's, laptops, scanners, printers, MS Office products, MS OS products and various commercial and client proprietary software. You will also utilize remote access to client PCs to resolve complex issues and in some cases, you will create and maintain network and software accounts. You will process and manage customer contacts using telephone, web, email, chat or by the Service Desk ticketing system and you will be responsible to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction. This is a great learning opportunity that will allow you to gain experience and skills in a large corporate enterprise environment and may lead to growth opportunities within the Service Desk Team in the future.
Service Desk Intern Job Duties:
* Act as a single point of contact for phone calls and emails from staff regarding IT issues and queries
* Receiving, logging and managing calls from internal staff via ticketing system, telephone and email
* 1st line support - troubleshooting of IT related problems from in-house software to hardware, such as Laptops, PCs and Printers
* Troubleshoot basic network issues such as MPLS and broadband issues
* Escalate unresolved calls to the next level support team
* Take ownership of user problems and follow up the status of problems on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner
* To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
* To arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in house.
* Active Directory creating user accounts, reset passwords, create groups etc.
* Microsoft Exchange creating mailboxes, distribution lists, contacts, storage quotas, accesses etc.
* Troubleshooting of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows 7 and Office 2010
* Perform other related duties as required or assigned by mentor
Service Desk Internship Qualifications:
* Successful completion of at least 4 semesters of an Information Systems Associates Degree or Bachelor's degree - MUST be a current student or a recent grad
* Overall GPA of 3.0 (4.0 scale)
* Instructor recommendation preferred
* Ability to work 20-30 hours per week
* Ability to work a minimum of a 4 hour shift
* Gain valuable experience in the field of your chosen degree
* Develop a relationship experience with senior Service Desk Technicians who can act as mentors
* Paid position
* Development of a professional network
* Gain experience in troubleshooting skills, critical thinking skills, organizational skills, soft skills and time management.
If you are interested in applying for the Service Desk Internship job in Clayton, NC, please use the "apply now" link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services?from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for nearly 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.