Controls Engineer Fremont, CA Posted: 1/22/2021
A Controls Engineer job in Fremont, CA is currently available through Belcan. In this role, you will be responsible for participating throughout the project full life-cycle; including conceptual design, definition of works, resource engagement, installation and commissioning activities, project acceptance and handover. To be considered for this role, you will have a Bachelor"s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Mechatronics Engineering plus a minimum of 3 years of experience in a technical engineering role.
Controls Engineer Job duties:
* Development of company (Siemens TIA) Controls Standard where it applies to paint conveyance and paint process systems. Implementing new features, improving HMI and SCADA architecture and providing clear documentation:
* PLC Programming: Ladder logic, Siemens Structured Text
* HMI / SCADA: WinCC & Inductive Ignition with Python Scripting and DBs over SQL.
* Select and size electrical, and electromechanical components with consideration to operability and cost.
* Create or expand internal control standards with a particular focus on Paint systems; exploiting existing solutions and established industrial standards.
* Champion controls safety design and assess systems to Plod / SIL 2 safety levels; creating holistic safe systems from hardware selection, installation and safety programs.
* Design robust manufacturing network infrastructure with a regard to real-time interlocked systems and safety protocols.
* Controls engineer with a proven track record of successful project execution.
* Proficiency with process integration and electromechanical / mechatronic systems.
* Advanced proficiency programming industrial equipment.
* Exposure to a wide variety of production machinery, industrial sensors, and equipment (LVDT and pressure transducers, dispense systems, temperature controllers, DC nutrunner torque controllers, current and power meters, etc).
* Must be US Citizen or Perm Resident
* Must have BS/MS in Engineering
* Must have 3 years of Experience in Technical Engineering (PLC/Ladder Logic/paint shops)
If you are interested in this Controls Engineer position in Fremont, CA please apply via the 'apply now' link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services - from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. wst160