General Production Support
Quality Lead San Antonio, TX Posted: 3/4/2021
General Production Support
A Quality Lead position in San Antonio, Texas is currently available through Belcan with one of our Manufacturing clients. The Quality Lead will provide technical support and service as needed to maintain and improve product quality and related systems within the organization, their customers, and their suppliers.
* Regularly review and communicate customer requirements are understood at all levels of the organization.
* Reduce customer complaints and internal scrap
* Respond to customer complaints
* Perform trials for process and material development
* Mentor and supervise activities of department personnel
* Assist in training personnel in quality related issues
* Lead Brainstorming and root cause analysis
* Generate and track supplier rejections and reports
* Able to travel to customers and / or suppliers at a moment notice
* Experience developing Operation standards and / or work instructions
* Experience with the IATF standard ( International Standard for Automotive Quality Management Systems)
* Experience with Internal Audits
* Experience with drawings
* Experience with GD&T
* Experience with PPAP (Production Part Approval Process), MSA (Measurement System Analysis), etc.
* Perform other related duties as assigned by Plant Manager
* 3+ years" experience in Quality Assurance and Quality Control in a manufacturing environment
* Bachelors Degree, or higher, from an accredited institution in an engineering or technology discipline is preferred. Combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of a formal degree.
* Experience working in the automotive industry
* General understanding of organizations products, materials and processes
* Ability to accurately interpret customer specifications and drawings
* General understanding of Toyota Production System
* Experience or familiarity the with IATF Standard
* Knowledge of Windows applications
* Ability to resolve quality problems via Root Cause Analysis
* Ability to communicate effectively with customers, suppliers, and employees in a courteous and professional manner.
If you are interested in this Quality Lead position in San Antonio, TX, please apply via the 'apply now' link provided. Belcan is a leading provider of qualified personnel to many of the world's most respected enterprises. We offer excellent opportunities for contract/temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct assignments in the engineering, IT, and professional fields. We are the employer of choice for thousands worldwide. Our overriding goal is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people, organizations, and communities succeed. Belcan is a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.belcan.com.