Machine Operator Suffield, CT Posted: 3/25/2021
A Machine Operator job in Suffield, CT is currently accepting applications. This is a 6-month contract-to-hire job opportunity. To be considered for this role, you will have a High School Diploma, along with a minimum of 1 year of prior manufacturing background or proof of mechanical ability, desired. In this role, you will be responsible for set-up, machine operation, and process monitoring to ensure product is made according to approved specification.
*1st shift, 2nd shift, 3rd shift, and weekend shifts available*
Machine Operator Job Responsibilities:
* Select machine per availability and approval.
* Inspect finished product and ensure it meets print, striving for nominal, adjust machines as necessary.
* Perform and record all checks and fill out all required paperwork.
* Ensure that only quality product moves from area.
* Follow all safety rules and keep equipment and machinery in area clean.
* Continuously work towards reducing scrap and improving production.
* Perform other duties as seen necessary by management.
* Roll heavy steel reels of hose up small ramp.
Machine Operator Job Qualifications:
* High School Diploma
* 1 year of Prior manufacturing background or proof of mechanical ability, desired
* Must be able to read and follow work instructions
* Strong work ethic and reliability required
* Ability to operate standard and specialized equipment to produce prototype and/or production parts
* Waist to shoulder lifting of up to 20 lbs. as required.
* Ability to lift 50 lbs. for loading wires on winders
* Ability to lift 70 lbs. occasionally
If you are interested in this Machine Operator job in Suffield, CT, please apply via the 'apply now' link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services-from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for nearly 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.