Electrician Kansas City, KS Posted: 3/30/2021
An Electrician job in Kansas City, KS is currently available through Belcan. In this role, you will be responsible for the safe, efficient, and effective operation of electrical equipment and controls.
Electrician Job Responsibilities:
* Performs a wide variety of service work in one or more specialized maintenance area such as mechanical, electrical, hydraulics, carpentry, or machine servicing, etc.
* Ensures operation of electrical systems and equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on electrical components and machinery wiring; following national electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams, and other specifications.
* Installs new machines by installing conduit, wire and electrical equipment; using hand tools and test equipment.
* Repairs electrical systems and equipment by diagnosing malfunctioning electrical devices, determining faulty wiring; inspecting and testing.
* Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine electrical preventive maintenance techniques and monitoring compliance.
* Programs automated machinery by operating, testing for malfunctions, and verifying repairs to programmable controllers.
* Prepares electrical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
* Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
* Performs general manual labor work.
* Performs all duties in a safe manner, utilizing safety practices and procedures required by applicable law (e.g. OSHA, etc.), personal protective equipment, and reporting procedures. Reviews all pertinent safety material before conducting new assignments.
* Monitors for, and reports unusual occurrences to management.
* Maintains all equipment and facilities in a clean, orderly and operating condition.
* Trains other employees as required.
* Assists Operations and Maintenance as required.
* Completes work orders as required.
* Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management. No task or duty is exclusive to a classification or skillset. An employee working in this classification is expected to perform various duties and tasks that traditionally may not have been assigned under a more narrow job classification.
Electrician Job Requirements:
* Must have three years on-the-job experience as an industrial electrician, with one year of recent experience within the last three years.
* Extensive experience in electrical troubleshooting, and installing and repairing pneumatic/electrical instrumentation, power distribution, and control/power wiring.
* Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics, and national electrical code.
* Experience working with AC/DC drives and motors, PLC"s, sensors, and control devices.
* Experience working with mechanical components and systems, (motor, gearbox, bearing, driveshaft, sprockets, roller chains, etc.)
* Ability to operate shop equipment: grinders, belt sanders, drill press, band saws, hydraulic press, electric drills, etc.
* Ability to work any shift, and overtime as required.
If you are interested in this Electrician job in Kansas City, KS please apply via the apply now link provided.
Belcan is a leading provider of qualified personnel to many of the world's most respected enterprises. We offer excellent opportunities for contract/temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct assignments in the engineering, IT, and professional fields. We are the employer of choice for thousands worldwide. Our overriding goal is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people, organizations, and communities succeed. Belcan is a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.belcan.com.