Sr Contracts Manager Honolulu, HI Posted: 4/7/2021
A Sr Contracts Manager job in Pittsburgh, PA is available through Belcan. To be considered for this role, candidates need to have at least 10 years of experience in negotiating contracts and managing rail projects from inception to completion.
Sr Contracts Manager job Responsibilities:
- Ensure the identification of opportunities to minimize contract risk and plan commercial risk mitigation strategies.
- Define Contract Management processes, procedures, guidelines, forms and templates
- Provide commercial assessment of terms and conditions, risks, and assumptions during Bid Phase
- Monitor, support, and report on all customer, partner, and sub-contractor contract-related commercial impacts and risks, to or from the client (For example - placing customer on notice for delays/impacts, contract changes/credits, or defending against assertions/claims.)
- Develop, implement and ensure compliance of appropriate strategic commercial approach, based on contract type (i.e. FFP, T&M, etc.)
- Develop and implement contract management infrastructure. (i.e. maintenance of contractual records and documentation, contract correspondence, contractual changes, status reports, tools, etc.)
- Monitor schedule impacts to baseline schedule, in conjunction with Project Planner
- Monitor project contracts to ensure compliance until completion
- Claims preparation support and disputes handling in accordance with the contract provisions
- Support Project Manager with proper negotiation and management of variation orders in order to maximize returns
- Support Client business conditions monitoring, by recommending adjustments to commercial strategies and targets contract close-out, extension or renewal
- Commercial and contractual management of subcontractors after subcontract award. Serve as the point of contact for subcontractors on contractual matters. Act as contractual 'middleman' between company employees and contractors, ensuring timely review and approval / reconciliation of variations and claims.
- Maintain contractual records and documentations and ensuring procedures are in place for control of all contract correspondence, contractual changes, status reports and other documents for all assigned projects. Conduct periodic audits/reviews of same.
- Drafting and/or reviewing key project correspondence with regard to commercial content.
- Develop and implement procedures for contract management and administration in compliance with company policy. As appropriate, contribute to or influence company policies.
- Identify and manage project commercial and contracting risks and coordinate mitigation measures and contractual insurance requirements.
- Prepare contract/commercial risk assessments and deliver contract briefings to project teams as required.
- Handle on-going issue and change management to maximize early identification and settlement and minimize claims and disputes.
- Work with Supply Chain to monitor transaction compliance (milestones, deliverable, invoicing etc.)
- Oversee 3rd party Service Level Agreement Compliance
- Management of contractual claims for time and money, both Incoming and Outgoing with both Customers and Subcontractors.
- Ensure schedule reporting content matches contractual requirements and supports claimed contractual entitlements.
- Provide on-demand contractual clarifications / position statements to project team members as required
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering
- 15 or more years of experience in the railway/infrastructure/construction industry with at least 8-years in a senior role dealing with contract management
- Minimum 5 years experience of managing medium to large-scale design/build or EPC projects
Experience in Construction Management or Quantity Surveying, preferably RICS qualified
If you are interested in this Sr Contracts Manager job in Pittsburgh, PA please apply via the 'apply now' link provided.
Belcan is a leading provider of qualified personnel to many of the world's most respected enterprises. We offer excellent opportunities for contract/temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct assignments in the engineering, IT, and professional fields. We are the employer of choice for thousands worldwide. Our overriding goal is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people, organizations, and communities succeed. Belcan is a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.belcan.com.