IT Technical Documentation
Technical Writer Normal, il Posted: 4/14/2021
IT Technical Documentation
Technical Writer is available in Normal, IL through Belcan. In this position, you will Understanding IT Functions, HW and SW development, validation and release processes is desired.
This is what you'll do:
· Write, publish and distribute technical documents, including runbooks, user manuals, reference guides, release notes, service bulletins for software/hardware related to Manufacturing IT.
· Create graphics for use in content development and documentation as appropriate.
· Responsible for content and change management to publish changes as applicable.
· Responsible for quality control of content and publication. Ensure content is accurate (e.g. validate information accuracy, peer review others" content, and follow review processes).
· Work with cross functional technology IT teams to develop content and establish schedules for publications to meet release deadlines.
· Manage project priorities with Manufacturing and IT teams, and interface between them to solve field issues while documenting solutions.
· Strategize and implement process improvements, for both documentation processes and any related processes.
This is what you"ll need:
· Bachelor"s degree in engineering/technology/business.
· 3+ years of technical publication experience. Automobile and Technology industry experience preferred.
· Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable though text and graphics.
· Understanding IT Functions, HW and SW development, validation and release processes is desired.
· Must possess strong leadership/management skills, and a team player.
· Proven ability to solve complex problems and work with ambiguity.
· Experienced with implementing and refining new processes.
· Excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Experience working in a content management system is preferred.
· Experience performing specialized publishing tasks such template creation, development of content reuse strategies, and translation management is preferred.
· Ability to manage tasks and information flow using collaboration software (such as JIRA, Confluence, Smartsheet, Lucidchart, MS Office products and custom databases).
· Ability to work in a fast-paced and challenging work environment with very tight deadlines.
Comments for Suppliers: Top Skills:
- Mitigation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Solve complex problems
- Publishing tasks
- Experience with IT, Hardware and Software development process.
- 3 month contract with the possibility of being extended
- At this time would like for candidate to be onsite in Normal, IL from day one.
If you are interested in this role job in. please apply via the 'apply now' link provided. Belcan is a leading provider of qualified personnel to many of the world's most respected enterprises. We offer excellent opportunities for contract/temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct assignments in the engineering, IT, and professional fields. We are the employer of choice for thousands worldwide. Our overriding goal is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people, organizations, and communities succeed. Belcan is a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.belcan.com.