Manufacturing Operations Lead Springfield, NJ Posted: 4/15/2021
A Manufacturing Operations Lead job in Springfield, NJ is currently accepting applications. This is a direct-hire position with our key aerospace client. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting goals on Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost through the use of Lean Manufacturing methodologies. You will also assist in facilitating continuous improvement events through the use of Op Ex tools. To be considered for this role, you will have a B.S. Degree in Engineering along with 3 - 5 years of continuous improvement experience.
***Due to the nature of the work being conducted, U.S. Citizenship is a requirement***
Manufacturing Operations Lead Job Responsibilities:
* Drive a metrics based, data driven culture with a focus on continuous improvement
* Monitor and analyze metrics to identify trends or opportunities where cost savings/cost avoidance and/or quality improvements can be realized
* Effectively deploy Lean/CI methods into the organization
* Partner with Manufacturing and Quality to reduce scrap/rework through Lean/CI initiatives
* Facilitate company-wide kaizen activities to produce tangible cost savings
* Provide timely and accurate project status to all organizational levels
* Develop and maintain process maps for project and process improvement efforts
* Assist key suppliers with the adoption of Lean Methodologies
* Implement and embrace a visual workplace to include metrics, 6S, and standard work
* Drive a culture of accountability, attention to detail and strict adherence to Valcor Personal Guarantee Program and Quality Management System
Manufacturing Operations Lead Job Requirements:
* B.S. Degree in Business Management, Engineering, or other related field of study
* 3-5 years of Operational Excellence/Continuous Improvement/Lean Manufacturing experience
* DMAIC Green Belt or equivalent; Lean, TPM, or Six Sigma experience and/or certification
* Project Management experience leading/managing large cross-functional projects and timelines
* Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio and MS PowerPoint
* Experience training and coaching others in problem solving methodologies is preferred
* Statistical analysis software experience (i.e. Minitab), preferred
If you are interested in this Manufacturing Operations Lead job in Springfield, NJ, please apply via the 'apply now' link provided.
Belcan is a leading provider of qualified personnel to many of the world's most respected enterprises. We offer excellent opportunities for contract/temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct assignments in the engineering, IT, and professional fields. We are the employer of choice for thousands worldwide. Our overriding goal is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people, organizations, and communities succeed. Belcan is a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.belcan.com.