Propulsion Engineer Lead Cocoa, FL Posted: 4/18/2021
A Propulsion Engineer Lead job in Cocoa, FL is currently accepting applications. This is a direct hire job opportunity with our key space-manufacturing client. To be considered for this role, you will have a B.S. Degree in Engineering along with at least 8 years relevant experience with rocket engine research, development, or design. In this role, you will be responsible for the design, test, integration, and production of the vehicle"s primary propulsion system as well as associated Reaction Control System thrusters. You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced and often uncertain environment, contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating personal and team leadership, technical competence, and attention to detail.
Propulsion Engineer Lead Job Responsibilities:
* Provide technical guidance and oversight to technical leads in the research, prototype development, and testing (analytical and experimental) of hybrid rocket engines and thruster systems to ensure consistent documentation and integration of their work into the overall program.
* Interface directly with the launch vehicle development team to integrate the motor into overall launch vehicle design.
* Oversee detailed propulsion designs, procurement of components and materials, and testing to demonstrate system performance.
* Correlate test results to analyses to provide accurate predictions of future system performance.
* Manage cost and schedule of all propulsion development programs to ensure on-schedule completion of programs elements.
* Identify program risk, document, communicate, develop mitigation plans and drive risk to an acceptable level. Provide expert propulsion engineering advice to executive leadership.
* Support sales and business development activities, including the development of technical proposals.
* Direct the work activities of assigned employees. Mentor and provide developmental guidance to assigned personnel. Conduct performance appraisals.
Propulsion Engineer Lead Job Qualifications:
* B.S. Degree in Engineering
* 8 years relevant experience with rocket engine research, development, or design
* Proven track record of leading a team to deliver multiple projects from conception to production and testing.
* Comprehensive knowledge and hands-on experience in designing, testing, and launching rocket propulsion systems.
* Experience designing propulsion systems for cryogenic and non-cryogenic propellants.
* Comprehensive knowledge of generating engineering drawings, GD&T, and designing with strong considerations toward manufacturability.
* Extensive experience in the entire rocket engine design cycle including trade studies, design and analysis, production, assembly, test support and data review. In-depth experience with hybrid rocket engine development or application
* Solid system engineering and configuration management skills.
* Ability to communicate technical information effectively.
* Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
* Demonstrated leadership abilities with teams of engineers.
* Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
If you are interested in this Propulsion Engineer Lead job in Cocoa, FL, please apply via the 'apply now' link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services-from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for nearly 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.