Flight Test Instrument Engineer
Test Stand Engineer Cocoa, FL Posted: 4/18/2021
Flight Test Instrument Engineer
A Test Stand Engineer job in Cocoa, FL is currently accepting applications. This is a direct hire job opportunity with our key space-manufacturing client. To be considered for this role, you will have a B.S. Degree in Engineering along with at least 2 years relevant experience with rocket motor propulsion system design and testing. In this role, you will be responsible for the design, development, installation, repair, and upgrade of rocket engine test stands and other system test structures at our test facilities. You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced and often uncertain environment, contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating personal and team leadership, technical competence, and attention to detail.
Test Stand Engineer Job Responsibilities:
* Design, develop, and oversee the construction of propulsion test stands and associated flight and ground hardware for the development of hybrid rocket motors.
* Review and develop/update test stand structural specifications and designs, including primary and secondary structures and load paths.
* Support test stand build-up and testing operations including, but not limited to, mechanical assembly, feed system checkout, data acquisition, and electrical issues.
* Oversee technician and contractor activities to build, upgrade, and maintain test facilities.
* Identify and communicate technical, cost and schedule risks.
* Support technical design trade studies and test article development.
Test Stand Engineer Job Qualifications:
* B.S. Degree in Engineering
* 2 years relevant experience with rocket motor propulsion system design and testing
* Experience with integration of data acquisition systems and sensors into a test stand.
* Working knowledge of hybrid rocket engine concepts and practice.
* Understanding of appropriate test methodologies for rocket engines and space launch vehicle hardware.
* Experience with data acquisition systems and test controls.
* Experience with Finite Element Analysis software.
* Familiarity with configuration management software and procedures.
* Familiarity with material compatibilities for oxidizers.
* Experience in leading technical interchange/communications with vendors and partners, both in the design and manufacturing environments.
* Ability to program test scripts in LabVIEW or similar software.
* Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
If you are interested in this Test Stand Engineer job in Cocoa, FL, please apply via the 'apply now' link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services-from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for nearly 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.