2nd Shift Lathe Machinist Windsor, CT Posted: 4/21/2021
A 2nd Shift Lathe Machinist job in Windsor, CT is currently accepting applications. This is a contract-to-hire position with our key aerospace client. In this role, you will be responsible for performing set-ups and operating lathe machines, ensuring part conformance to specifications and requirements with minimal supervision. To be considered for this role, you will have a High School Diploma along with 3 - 5 years of related lathe machining experience.
2nd Shift Lathe Machinist Job Responsibilities:
* Perform complex set ups, edits and operate established and NPI jobs with ensuring parts conform to specifications and requirements. Make modifications or adjustments as necessary.
* Verify dimensions using standard measuring instruments, such as micrometers, depth gauge, height gauge, and verniers.
* Read and interpret blueprints and operations sheets.
* Familiar with Lean practices, 6S, and contributing to a continuous improvement environment.
* Follow all safety requirements regarding machine operation including proper guarding.
* Work flexible hours and overtime to meet customer deadlines and commitments.
* Meet customer production scheduling requirements.
* Work with engineering department regarding material conditions, best positioning of part, tool pressure, etc. as required.
* Detect faulty operations and materials and report these along with other problems to immediate supervisor.
2nd Shift Lathe Machinist Job Requirements:
* High School Diploma
* Three (3) or more years of experience as CNC machinist; Aerospace experience preferred.
* Needs to be familiar with CNC lathe, Fanuc and/or Okuma controls and manual turning; ability to run multiple machines and cross train on various operations/equipment.
* Strong mathematical skills and knowledge of GD&T.
* Familiar with Statistical Process Control (SPC).
* Good problem solving ability with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively to solve complex issues.
If you are interested in this 2nd Shift Lathe Machinist job in Windsor, CT, please apply via the 'apply now' link provided.
Belcan is a leading provider of qualified personnel to many of the world's most respected enterprises. We offer excellent opportunities for contract/temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct assignments in the engineering, IT, and professional fields. We are the employer of choice for thousands worldwide. Our overriding goal is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people, organizations, and communities succeed. Belcan is a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.belcan.com.