CMM Programmer Wallingford, CT Posted: 4/22/2021
A CMM Programmer job in Wallingford, CT is currently accepting applications. This is a direct hire job opportunity. To be considered for this role, you will have a High School Diploma, along with 3+ years of quality inspection experience. In this role, you will be responsible for setting up and performing in-depth inspection on mechanical components, subassemblies, and final product to verify conformance to specifications using the CMM. They are responsible for maintaining the Quality program to prevent or eliminate defects in new or existing products by performing the duties identified below.
CMM Programmer Job Responsibilities:
* Develops, maintains, and generates CMM programs used to inspect and verify production materials and components.
* Use of other advanced inspection equipment such as height gauge, optical comparator, gauge blocks and pins, super micrometer, bore gages, and hardness tester is a plus.
* Use basic measurement skills and equipment such as ruler, caliper, micrometer, microscope and multimeter.
* Perform visual inspection of general product workmanship.
* Use basic blueprint reading skills to interpret drawings and documents.
* Reviews blueprints and specifications to establish correct inspection criteria following best practices.
* Use of the computer is required to access documents, enter data into Quality system, Word documents, databases, MRI/ERE system and other items as needed.
* Collect and review in-process quality data as needed.
* Ability to perform and prepare first piece inspection, receiving, in process, and final inspection reports as needed.
* Manage non-conformance reports and prepare corrective action requests as needed.
CMM Programmer Job Qualifications:
* High School Diploma
* 3+ years of CMM programming and inspection experience
* Nikon experience preferred
* Knowledge of ANSI/ASME, ISO, GD&T
* Proficient in applicable analytical software and Microsoft Office Products
* ISO9001 and AS9100 (or equivalent) experience preferred
* Additional software application knowledge, such as statistical analysis tools, a plus
If you are interested in this CMM Programmer job in Wallingford, CT, please apply via the 'apply now' link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services-from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for nearly 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.