Systems Engineer (Desktop-EUC Engineer) Normal, IL Posted: 4/22/2021
A Systems Engineer job in Normal, IL is currently available through Belcan. In this role, you will Responsible for configuring, operating, and maintaining PC, Mac, Linux workstations, VDIs, and various tablet platforms.
This is what you"ll do:
* Responsible for configuring, operating, and maintaining PC, Mac, Linux workstations, VDIs, and various tablet platforms.
* Develop and support standard and custom images (Windows 10, Linux, macOS, and VDIs) for all end-user compute standards
* Formulate packages for software distribution and patching
* Ensure software updates don"t negatively impact critical business applications or user experience.
* Provide the last line of defense for end-user compute support within IT
* Design, administer, and manage Desktop Engineering environments such as ConfigMgr (SCCM), Jamf (Casper), MBAM (Encryption-BitLocker), and Intune.
* Execute a Modern Desktop Management strategy that meets the business needs of a modern and rapidly growing organization to deliver consistent, secure, and scalable end-user services
* Manage enterprise systems and leverage your scripting skills to automate activities
* Develop and maintain End User Computing policies (including desktop group policies), standards, and procedures for hardware and software
* Develop positive relationships with the business and other functions involved in downstream technical processes
* Collaborate with members of the information security, network, and cloud teams to ensure images and support model meet user requirements and align with the overall IT technology portfolio, processes, and procedures
* Document standards and provide on-going training to more junior members of the deskside support and ServiceDesk teams
* Look to continually improve all aspects of the deskside engineering and end-user experience
This is what you"ll need:
* At least 6-8 years (or relative) in a Systems or Desktop Engineering role, where you learned the nuances of IT Administration
* Bachelor"s is preferred for this position
* Experience with: ConfigMgr (SCCM), Jamf (Casper), Active Directory, Windows Upgrades, Group Policy, Application and Desktop Virtualization (VDIs), Mobile Device and Applications Management (MDM/MAM), Windows/OS Migration/Upgrades, Office365 Suite Support, Level 3 escalation support, DNS, NTP, DHCP, LDAP, wired and wireless networking
* Experience with developing, updating, and supporting a Linux Operating System
* Expertise in complex software configuration for standard and specialized software
* Experience in monitoring End User Computing operations and providing metrics
* 2 to 4 years of scripting experience such as Python, Powershell, or other automation tools
* Experience with implementation of Windows Autopilot (Intune Feature) is a plus
* Tech Savvy - Ability and passion for learning new technology and tools
* Passion for Customer Support - A drive to help end-users get what they need to do their jobs the best they can. A sense of satisfaction from assisting end-users in getting what they need on time
* Ability to communicate at all levels within the organization - Business Stakeholders, Senior Managers, and C-Level Execs
* Prioritization Skills - The ability to analyze support requests and prioritize them based on impact
* Discipline - The discipline to actively manage help desk tickets and internal IT tasks without getting distracted by email, chat, or other ad-hoc communication
* Ability to articulate technical solutions to non-technical users in simple and easy to understand terms
* Self-Starter - The ability to actively look for effective tasks to complete in times of low tickets
Please target Candidates with RECENT hands-on experience with SCCM Infra administration, management, software packaging, Windows 10 image development, Patching, and configuration
If you are interested in this job, please apply via the 'apply now' link provided. Belcan is a leading provider of qualified personnel to many of the world's most respected enterprises. We offer excellent opportunities for contract/temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct assignments in the engineering, IT, and professional fields. We are the employer of choice for thousands worldwide. Our overriding goal is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people, organizations, and communities succeed. Belcan is a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.belcan.com.