Maintenance Supervisor San Diego, CA Posted: 4/23/2021
A Maintenance Supervisor job in San Diego, California is currently available through Belcan. In this role, you will Conducts periodic safety audits within department(s); ensures tasks are completed in accordance with Meggitt EH&S policies and OSHA regulations.
The Maintenance Supervisor position is responsible for leading the day-to-day Equipment and Facilities maintenance activities within the manufacturing plant with operational excellence as a goal. In this role you will drive a strong safety culture and assurance of equipment health and up-time throughout the site to become world class. This position reports to the Production Manager. This role has maintenance technician reports who, along with the manager, support the plant equipment and facilities needs.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Conducts periodic safety audits within department(s); ensures tasks are completed in accordance with Meggitt EH&S policies and OSHA regulations.
* Identifies resource needs for both personnel and projects with significant influence on approval of identified needs.
* Works closely with function leads to improve customer satisfaction.
* Supports Shop Floor Management to drive sustainable problem solutions.
* Optimally defines work flows, jobs, and reporting relationships to acquire optimum efficiency.
* Leads Maintenance Technicians and teams with production supervisors to drive predictive and preventative maintenance and machine repair.
* Monitors and manages the improvements to operating utilities, equipment and practices.
* Responsible for the development, implementation, and day-to-day supervision of maintenance systems, processes and documentation associated with efficient and robust manufacturing organizations (Prevention and Predictive Maintenance, TPM, OEE, SOPs, Safety, etc.).
* Ensures maintenance is scheduled in a timely manner and works closely with Production to schedule and accomplish equipment and facility repairs.
* Develops and/or maintains Key Performance Indicators for tracking and reporting the performance of the maintenance function (supplier performance, 3rd party contractor performance, equipment reliability, overall equipment efficiency, etc.)
* Provides long term solutions and day-to-day support to all operating teams having issues with troubleshooting, problem analysis, equipment failures, etc.
* Responsible for coordination with contractors required for facilities work and keeping equipment in peak condition.
* Supports the overall site facilities and infrastructure including HVAC, structure, plumbing, high pressure air, gas and liquid systems, ancillaries, and other items to support site operational efficiency
* Trains employees on accurate work methods and safety procedures and creation thereof where not deployed
* Maintains accurate records of maintenance work performed and inventory.
* Provides regular status reports to manager.
* Works closely with Engineering to align support as required to troubleshoot equipment issues related to software, programming and test specification requirements
* Works closely with leadership to ensure a collaborative relationship.
Education: Bachelor degree preferred or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations
Years" Experience: 5-8 years" experience leading a maintenance team including general manufacturing practices and manufacturing engineering
* Demonstrates and applies sophisticated knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for area handled and good knowledge of other areas in the company and how they interact
* Demonstrates full understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, and performance management
* Sophisticated technical skills in pressurized systems, mechanical, and electrical fields (e.g., PLCs, instrumentation, mechanical engineering, etc.)
* Ability to lead resource planning efforts in a manufacturing environment preferred
* Detailed knowledge of maintenance systems, work order processes, preventive/predictive maintenance, TPM, inventory and scheduling software preferred
* Strong leadership skills (conflict resolution, facilitation, change management skills, decision making, empowerment and delegation) preferred
* Tight-knit teamwork and influencing skills
* Experience with lean manufacturing tools and processes
* Experience in ERP systems; SAP knowledge preferred
* Experience in maintaining of the following: pressurized air systems, electrical systems, test systems, large compressor operation, phone systems, and other required facility support items
* Read and interpret blueprints
* Understand tolerances (GD&T), both Metric and Standard measurement systems
* Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
* Experience in an Engineer-to-Order environment helpful
If you are interested in this role, please apply via the apply now link provided. Our overriding goal is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people, organizations, and communities succeed. Belcan is a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.belcan.com