SolidWorks Drafter / Designer (Contract) Springfield, NJ Posted: 4/26/2021
A Drafter / Designer (Contract) job in Springfield, NJ is currently accepting applications. This is a 6 - 12+ month contract position with our key aerospace client. In this role, you will utilize SolidWorks to prepare formal detail piece part and assembly drawings from the preliminary design sketches, specs and other engineering inputs. The best fit candidate will have previous experience designing pneumatic and / or fluid control components. To be considered for this role, you will have Mechanical or Technical School training in mechanical drawing, along with 3+ years of drafting and design support experience using SolidWorks.
***Due to the nature of the work being conducted, U.S. Citizenship is a requirement***
Drafter / Designer Job Responsibilities:
* Ability to utilize sketches, customer specifications and any other data to support design activity to design mechanical concepts. Incorporating acceptable tolerances and dimensions as determined for specific capacities, operating requirements, and material selection.
* Prepare bills of material for specific deigns, as they are developed and detailed.
* Perform investigative and research work pertinent to the development of designs to assist the engineer in charge, as required.
* Review and institute change requests as directed by the responsible engineer.
* Meets agreed upon goals and objectives in a timely manner.
* Arrives to work on time, meetings, appointments, and other work-related functions on time and as scheduled.
* Interact with organizational team members and other departments in a professional manner.
Drafter / Designer Job Requirements:
* Mechanical or Technical School training in mechanical drawing
* 3+ years of drafting and design support experience
* Highly Proficient in Solid Works, and able to produce detailed manufacturing drawings of component and piece parts
* Previous experience designing pneumatic and / or fluid control components desired
* Knowledge of military, ANSI (code Y14.5), Geometric Dimension and Tolerance, material specs, tolerance stacks
* Ability to work in a fast pace team environment
If you are interested in this Drafter / Designer job in Springfield, NJ, please apply via the 'apply now' link provided.
Belcan is a leading provider of qualified personnel to many of the world's most respected enterprises. We offer excellent opportunities for contract/temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct assignments in the engineering, IT, and professional fields. We are the employer of choice for thousands worldwide. Our overriding goal is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people, organizations, and communities succeed. Belcan is a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.belcan.com.