Design Release Engineer Plymouth, MI Posted: 4/26/2021
A Design Release Engineer job is available with a in Plymouth, MI. This person will Design and implement chassis Structural components, subframes, links and knuckles.
Job Description: This is what you"ll do:
· Design and implement chassis Structural components, subframes, links and knuckles.
· Investigate and optimize current designs with focus on cost reduction, mass reduction, product robustness improvement.
· Independently work on Design ideas , convert in to mature designs ready to implement by doing packaging assessment , Manufacturing feasibility, assembly feasibility, CAE analysis .
· Manage designed parts in the virtual environment and support virtual build and release activities;
· Manage suppliers to deliver component designs on time and to specification;
this is what you"ll need:· Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with 5 to 8 years of experience designing Brake , hydraulic/pneumatic system components · Must be familiar with DFMEA/DVPR usage and review of these documents;
· Extensive experience with tolerance stack up , GDT , Engineering Drawings
· CATIA V6 experience with line routing, stamping, molding design expertise.
· Ability to understand Engineering direction and provide design concepts accordingly;
· Collaborate with larger teams of peer designers, engineers, manufacturing
.· Strong communication skills, including written and verbal
Candidates will be able to work remote for now, but once client returns to on-site work, the candidate will need to be on-site, with some flexibility to work from home
If you are interested in this role please apply via the 'apply now' link provided. Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services-from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for nearly 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.