Production Manager Suffield, CT Posted: 4/27/2021
A Production Manager Job in Suffield, CT is currently accepting applications. This is a direct-hire position with our key manufacturing client. In this role, you will be responsible for daily production operations of a multi-shift, multi-process factory. You will be responsible for ensuring all productivity, safety, quality, inventory and scrap goals are achieved, as well as being a champion for Lean activities. As the key leader of manufacturing operations of approximately 100 machine operators, the successful candidate will possess excellent people-management skills, including, but not limited to, recruitment and hiring, performance management and employee development, and, coaching and corrective actions. To be considered for this role, you will have a B.S. Degree along with 5+ years of production management, preferably within a multi-shift, multi-process factory.
Production Manager Job Responsibilities:
* Manage production activities to ensure established manufacturing schedules have been satisfactorily accomplished and shipping levels meet customer expectations. This includes but is not limited to performing capacity analysis to ensure all production requirements can be met.
* Provide leadership and other technical support necessary in effort to maximize efficiencies and productivity levels for all manufacturing areas.
* Recommend enhancements to existing and future production methods and material flows in effort to provide optimum manpower and equipment utilization.
* Maintain operating budget compliance in each manufacturing area. Provide input and make recommendations during annual budget-setting process.
* Interface with Human Resources in effort to maintain a highly trained and competent workforce to include department leaders, shift leaders, group leaders and operators.
* Interface with quality control in effort to comply with established system procedures and policies.
* Attend material review board meetings and offer corrective action plans to non-conforming issues.
* Attend Sales and Project review board meetings and provide necessary support to production related areas of the process
* Provide support to department leaders with interviewing, hiring, appraising and other disciplinary actions as deemed necessary.
* Interface regularly with manufacturing systems and manufacturing engineering in effort to provide continuous improvement results in manufacturing areas.
Production Manager Job Requirements:
* B.S. Degree is preferred, but not required
* 5-7 years of production management, preferably within a multi-shift, multi-process factory
* Proficiency in MS Office suite, particularly Outlook and Excel
* Agility in learning new computer programs and systems
* Excellent time management, organizational and analytical skills.
* Good team player- realizes the importance of each organizational function and operates effectively with peers and superiors. Works well with all levels of the organization.
If you are interested in this Production Manager job in Suffield, CT, please apply via the 'apply now' link provided.
Belcan is a leading provider of qualified personnel to many of the world's most respected enterprises. We offer excellent opportunities for contract/temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct assignments in the engineering, IT, and professional fields. We are the employer of choice for thousands worldwide. Our overriding goal is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people, organizations, and communities succeed. Belcan is a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.belcan.com.