IT Service Desk and Support Manager Cincinnati, OH Posted: 4/30/2021
A full time, IT Service Desk and Support Manager opportunity is available with Belcan's internal IT Infrastructure team. In this role, you will be responsible for day to day operations of the service desk and IT services, the teams that support the related technologies, and the associated ITSM processes and tools. This includes monitoring daily metrics and maintaining specified service level agreements, revising practices as appropriate to improve response and reliability, liaising with stakeholders within the IT organization and without, and responding to the organization"s changing requirements.
Responsibilities and Daily Activities
- General management - Management of Group Leaders responsible for individual IT teams as well as individual team members. Performance appraisals, new employee hiring and onboarding, employee talent management, training, etc. are also required.
- ITSM Framework Management - Maintenance, review, and auditing of existing ITSM processes as well as creation of new processes as needed. The IT Service Desk and Support Manager is responsible for managing the entire ITSM framework and ecosystem to ensure cohesive, clear, and effective execution of all ITSM functions.
- Service Catalog Maintenance - Maintain and update the service catalog across the IT organization, including service definition, formulation of responsibility/accountability matrices (RACI), SLA requirements, etc..
- SLA Attainment and Reporting - Monitor SLA metrics/attainment and other key performance indicators to ensure IT is meeting or exceeding all requirements and take appropriate action to remedy any shortfalls. Generate reports for IT leadership.
- Coordination of support activities including incident response, service request fulfillment, problem management, escalation, and major incident coordination.
- End user and stakeholder communication
- Represent the Service Desk organization to the IT Change Advisory Board.
- Service Delivery Management - The IT Service Desk and Support Manager is responsible for the Service Delivery Management (SDM) team. The SDM team is responsible for managing service delivery and communication with internal customer stakeholders as well as external client IT teams to ensure we are effectively delivering on our customer and client needs.
Skills and Requirements
- Extensive experience operating within and implementing an ITSM framework (e.g., ITIL)
- Working knowledge and experience operating and managing an ITSM service platform (e.g. ServiceNow.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate technical information to users, customers, and stakeholders with various computer knowledge skill sets.
- Excellent problem solving, negotiation and decision-making skills
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years in ITSM management position, including direct management of teams and other managers.
Full-time position (40 hours, Mon-Fri) with benefits. Due to the nature of our work US Citizenship or Permanent Residence is required. Must be eligible to receive a US Government security clearance.