Manufacturing Engineer Greenville, SC Posted: 5/4/2021
A Manufacturing Engineer position located in Greenville, SC is currently available through Belcan. This position is responsible for providing land-based gas turbine mechanical engineering and technical expertise in support of manufacturing, sales, engineering and Continuous Improvement. To be considered for this role, you will have a Bachelor"s degree in Mechanical Engineering (or similar) with five (5) years of experience minimum. This is a full time opportunity with a growing company and has excellent upward mobility.
* Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production needs, and other considerations to facilitate current or potential production processes and to meet customer needs
* Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods utilizing knowledge of product design, materials, fabrication processes, tooling/production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality standards
* Analyzes/creates plans for workforce utilization and layout of equipment/workspace for maximum efficiency
* Confers with manufacturing to develop documentation and processes to ensure efficient production methods
* Estimates production times, staffing needs and related costs to provide information for management decisions
* Meets with vendors to establish product specifications; assists in the planning and evaluation of production equipment purchases, materials, parts, etc.
Essential Skills and Experience:
* Four-year degree in mechanical, process or applications engineering from an accredited institution or equivalent
* 3-5 years of applicable experience in a manufacturing environment
* Preferred 3-5 years of applicable turbine engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
* Proficiency in Computer-Aided-Design (CAD), Lean Manufacturing principles, Six Sigma, Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Failure Effects Mode Analysis (FEMA) desired
If you are interested in this Manufacturing Engineer position located in Greenville, SC, please apply via the 'apply now' link provided. Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services-from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for nearly 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.