Software QA / Testing
Senior QA Engineer Grand Rapids, GA Posted: 5/5/2021
Software QA / Testing
A Senior QA Engineer is available with a manufacturing client in Atlanta, GA. The position is also available in Grand Rapids MI, and Milwaukee, WI. The individual will enhance the Digital software that hundreds of customers around the world use to manage building equipment, staff, renewable energy infrastructure and industrial machines used for material handling and manufacturing. You will work on major new software modules and features, quality improvements and performance optimizations, and integrations with live machine data through our big data pipeline.
* Interface with other members of the team including software development, support, and product.
* Understand and translate business and technical requirements into automated and/or manual tests.
* Ensure that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved using JIRA .
* Adequately document test cases within the test management system.
* Create and execute test scenarios, updating existing test suites with the release of new features or changes to existing behavior.
* Use strong analytical skills to solve complex problems in a timely manner while adapting to changing priorities.
* Ability to work within a Scrum team to ensure commitments are met and process is followed.
* Complete regression and smoke testing on specified branches of the software.
* Mitigate risk of release by communicating issues and concerns with leads.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math or related is preferred or equivalent work experience.
* At least 5+ years of Software Test experience
* At least 2+ years of Automation Software Test experience
* Effective communication and teamwork skills
* Great attention to detail and ability to understand the why behind the features we add
* Experience with Web Services and APIs
* Experience in writing manual and automated tests for Quality Assurance
* Experience working TestRails for defect and test case management is a plus but not required
* Experience working with test frameworks such as Selenium Web driver, Playwright, or other test frameworks is preferred
* Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) for Azure DevOps is a plus but not required
* Knowledge and experience in working with Agile development methodology is preferred
THIS IS A DIRECT POSITION
If you are interested in this Sr. QA Engineer job with our client in Atlanta GA, Grand Rapids MI, or Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, please apply via the 'apply now' link provided.
Belcan is a leading provider of qualified personnel to many of the world's most respected enterprises. We offer excellent opportunities for contract/temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct assignments in the engineering, IT, and professional fields. We are the employer of choice for thousands worldwide. Our overriding goal is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people, organizations, and communities succeed. Belcan is a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.belcan.com