ServiceNow (SNOW) Developer Cincinnati, OH Posted: 5/6/2021
Belcan is growing their IT Services Group with a ServiceNow (SNOW) Developer in the Cincinnati, OH area - This is a full-time opportunity with benefits that require onsite capabilities. In this role, you will lead the administration, configuration, and development of the standard and custom ServiceNow environment.
SNOW Developer Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Act as a subject matter expert (SME) for ServiceNow
· Leads the administration, configuration and development of core and custom ServiceNow environment
· Develops and implements workflow customization, scripting, process automation, report development, dashboard creation and system configuration. Provides guidance on technical aspects of ServiceNow integration requirements, ensuring relevant technology standards, policies and best practices are applied consistently
· Promote ServiceNow best practices and recommend out of the box solutions where appropriate.
· Delivery of a single source of truth for all configuration items (e.g. applications, servers, databases, etc and their relationships)
· Ensure governance policies and best practices are followed.
· Drive process standardization and automation throughout all areas
· Collaboration with stakeholders including internal customers, stakeholders and vendors to understand challenges and gain consensus on improved system and operational solutions
· Regular review of current data model, processes, procedures and tools
· Proactive identification of data and functionality gaps in ServiceNow
· Responsible for the health, data integrity and overall relationships for ServiceNow
· Participates in platform upgrade planning, testing, and validation.
· Writes and/or reviews system specifications, including output requirements, flow charts and technical diagrams.
SNOW Developer Qualifications:
· Minimum of 5 years' experience with Configuration Management, ITIL v3 certification a plus
· Computer Skills and Knowledge of Hardware & Software Required Experience in ServiceNow development, configuration, integration and administration in an enterprise environment. Proven experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and knowledge of development and testing best practices. Knowledge of ServiceNow modules such as IPCC, CMDB, Service Catalog, Project Portfolio Suite, IT financial Management, Vendor management and Knowledge management
· Proven experience in ServiceNow scripting
· Experience with integration components such as SSO, LDAP
· Experience with databases and data-driven web applications
· Experienced in the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes including client requirement analysis and system design, and/or software engineering principles
· Understanding of Incident Management, Change Management, Configuration Management, and Release Management as it relates to ITIL
· Experience with a scripting language, such as PowerShell, Perl or Python
· ServiceNow System Administrator or Implementation Specialist preferred (not required)
Preferred Hands-On Experience:
· Demonstrated advanced experience in ServiceNow development, administration and implementation to deliver end-to-end ServiceNow solutions. Proven experience in ServiceNow integration with various technologies such as LDAP, Active Directory, SSO, Exchange and Web Services. Demonstrated working knowledge of relational databases (Oracle, MS SQL and DB2) and writing basic SQL queries
· Proven knowledge of ITIL process and framework and ability to identify project risks and gaps, developing creative and workable solutions to complex problems
· Demonstrated ability to document procedures and activities in a manner that is understandable to others and prepared using a prescribed format: demonstrated ability to effectively use the English language in verbal and written format, including elements of grammar, punctuation, diction and spelling proficiency
· Proven ability to successfully and frequently interpret and communicate business needs among internal customers and external vendors in a clear, focused and concise manner (includes discussions, correspondence, reports and forms)
· Proven experience coordinating multiple assignments simultaneously and completing tasks accurately and on a timely basis. Demonstrated experience interacting and building relationships with customers throughout the corporate structure
· Demonstrated experience working independently. Experience must include identifying and resolving problems, where decision-making and initiative are demonstrated. Cite examples of self-motivation and experience working under limited supervision. Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional team environment (business and information technology).