Project Planner Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 5/7/2021
Belcan is looking for a Project Planner for a client in Pittsburgh! This is a FULL TIME & Permanent position!
As the Senior Project Planner, you will be responsible for guiding the Project Core Team in the management of all planning, scheduling and progress control related aspects of the project in accordance with the Planning & Scheduling Process. You provide the knowledge and tools to plan the project scope of work and all related deliverables during project life cycle.
- You produce schedule related KPI"s as required by the project and PMO.
- You support the Project Manager in discussions related to delays and/or improvements of the schedule.
- You support the Project Manager or the Supply Manager representatives communicating detailed schedule objectives or issues to suppliers or partners.
Key responsibilities (describe key responsibilities in order of importance and specify the approximate amount of time, e.g. in % related to the typical business cycle)
1. Functional duties to the Project Core Team
* Responsible for guiding the Project Core Team in the planning of activities to deliver the project using Primavera and standard project life cycle workflows (e.g. generic Product Breakdown Structure and Work Breakdown Structure)
* Responsible for establishing and updating the DPS (detailed project schedule) based on common objectives within the project
* Responsible for updating schedule progress and maintaining the resource loaded DPS (detailed project schedule), including the forecasted Estimate to Complete (ETC). Will analyse variances and resolve issues. Responsible to communicate any deviation from the project baseline.
* Responsible for regularly monitoring critical path(s) of the schedule to identify risks and opportunities and develop mitigation or recovery plans
* Responsible for data quality and accuracy of the DPS (detailed project schedule).
The role is mandated to make any internal contacts, and in a consortium, any external contacts, needed to perform the duties 70%
Leadership duties within the Project Core Team
* Lead meetings related to DPS topics within the Project Core Team and with other functions
* Provide timely schedule updates in cadence with PMO reporting and KPI metrics, i.e., schedule adherence, resource histograms, cash-in forecasting, etc.
* Manage, with the support of all Project Core Team members, the effective communication of the current DPS to all relevant stakeholders, including any updates
Ensure that schedule implications of change requests are made visible and clear prior to presentation and decision making in the Change Control Board
Specific responsibilities to other Project Core Team roles
* Regularly update the Project Controller with all progress or delays to the DPS to secure that implications to the EAC are monitored
Ensure that the Project Manager and/or Risk & Opportunity Manager is regularly updated with possible threats or opportunity derived from present or future deviations to the DPS
Specific responsibilities to PMO
* Participate and/or lead process improvement initiatives for the PMO.
* Provide mentorship to junior planners and help them to improve their skills
Qualifications & Functional Knowledge
* A university degree, preferably in Engineering or Business.
* Or a tertiary qualification and planning & scheduling experience. Additional qualification in planning & scheduling is an advantage.
* PMI PMP or PMI SP is preferred. (Candidate may obtain the certification within first 12-months.)
Relevant experience required (i.e. directly linked to the requirements of the position/role)
Relevant experience required Minimum 8 years of experience in relevant role,
* Excellent knowledge of Primavera software is a must
* Has demonstrated experience with managing resource-loaded schedules in Primavera,
* Has planning experience on large complex projects, preferably in transportation, oil & gas, technology, energy, construction sectors
* Has experience in working in a multicultural environment (e.g. working in international teams, international projects etc)
* Has worked on several projects and/ or bids, ideally in similar business areas
* Excellent knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Office is an advantage.
* Excellent knowledge of Power BI is an advantage.