Contract Mechanical Designer Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 5/7/2021
A Contract Mechanical Designer job located in Pittsburgh, PA is currently available through Belcan. This is a 9+ month contract role. In this role, you will be responsible for enhancing the company's mechanical engineering and design capabilities in support of the company's strategic growth plans. To be considered for this role, you will have a minimum of an A.S. Degree in Mechanical Design and at least ten (10) years of industry experience. Due to the nature of the work and business, you must be a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident.
Contract Mechanical Designer Job Responsibilities:
* Perform mechanical design and layouts of motion simulators, gimbal systems, robotic systems, and their related components
* Create detailed drawings, assembly drawings, and parts lists/BOM's
* Interface with customers during the design process and provide customer support after delivery
* System assembly oversight and troubleshooting
* Support technical proposals by creating layouts and other required documentation
Contract Mechanical Designer Job Qualifications:
* A.S. Degree in Mechanical Design/CAD is required
* Minimum of ten (10) years related industry experience
* Experience with Solid Modeling software (Inventor highly preferred)
* Design experience with automation/motion control equipment and robotics or sub-systems such as actuators and/or small electro-mechanical mechanisms
* Knowledge of geometric tolerancing (GD&T) and manufacturing processes
* Basic knowledge of FEA methods a plus
If you are interested in this Contract Mechanical Designer job in Pittsburgh, PA, please apply via the "apply now" link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services-from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for nearly 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.