Validation Engineer Austin, TX Posted: 5/10/2021
A Validation Engineer job in Austin, TX is currently available through Belcan.
The Validation Engineer will be working to test, automate, build and deploy STA solutions for authentication, identity and access management. The position will be working with R&D teams located in Ottawa, Austin and NOIDA and interact with Solution Architects, Product Management and UX teams to meet business objectives and quality of solution delivered for customers. The role will require also to keep in mind scalability, performance, operation and user experience, and overall architecture of the solution. It will also require active involvement in the various scrum team activities and overall SAFe planning and commitments, as well as participation in technical community of knowledge.
* Remote: 100% to start and will need to go onsite when the office opens.
* Web Application Engineer
* Familiar with automation - not manual testing. Able to write test scripts that can be executed. Knows how to test in an automated way.
* Bachelor"s degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering + 5 years of experience
* Start: ASAP, 1 year or convert before 1 year.
* Some knowledge of programming
Validation Engineer Job Duties:
* Design, implement and execute test cases and scripts to validate functionalities, use cases, load and performance of the solution including end to end testing in a real environment.
* Perform first level of investigation on failed tests in order to identify root cause.
* Design and implement automated tests using SpecFlow and Gherkin language.
* Support and maintain up-to-date necessary environments for testing like integration by deploying new release.
* Continuously Interface with the geographically distributed teams in Ottawa, Austin, and NOIDA.
* Actively participate and contribute to the QA community on topics like test strategies, improvement to automation, explore new frameworks, practices, technologies about testing, deployment and monitoring.
* Follow the agile methodology used for the project. This includes validation of user stories and creation of corresponding tasks to help create a robust system based on user-centric design.
* Archive validation project source code in Github, documentation in Confluence and utilize Jira for task and issue tracking.
* 3 years of experience in using standard scripting languages and validation tools: Python, Selenium, and Java script, shell script, C# .Net, any other scripting language & tool.
* 2 years of experience in implementing automation tests using SpecFlow (or some other similar framework) and Gherkin Language.
* Experienced in Agile software development methodology.
* Bachelor"s degree in computer science or other relevant field of study. BE/B. Tech/ M. Tech/MCA or Equivalent degree
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Proven ability to work independently on assigned tasks.
* 5 years of industry experience validating web applications using nodejs, .NET or Java based platform.
* 3 years of demonstrated experience utilizing continuous integration tool Jenkins.
* 3 years of experience running load and performance tests using JMeter/Locust.io or similar tools.
If you are interested in this Validation Engineer in Austin, TX, please apply via the 'apply now' link provided. Belcan is a leading provider of qualified personnel to many of the world's most respected enterprises. We offer excellent opportunities for contract/temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct assignments in the engineering, IT, and professional fields. We are the employer of choice for thousands worldwide. Our overriding goal is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people, organizations, and communities succeed. Belcan is a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.belcan.com.