Senior Software Engineer Norwalk, CT Posted: 5/11/2021
A Senior Software Engineer job in Hartford, CT is currently accepting applications. This is a direct-hire position with our key manufacturing client. In this role, you will be responsible for the design, development, testing and implementation of product codes. To be considered for this role, you will have a B.S. Degree in in Computer Science or in Engineering field along with 5+ years of experience dealing with Linux, networked systems, and databases.
Senior Software Engineer Job Responsibilities:
* Conduct software development life cycle, from specifications to design, coding to testing.
* Build Linux-based embedded systems.
* Conduct design tests at the module and device levels.
* Write code for a variety of hardware architectures and test it.
* Create, retain, and adhere to project timelines.
* Create software modules that effectively achieve product and project objectives.
* Create embedded software that meets the specifications.
* Maintain software and resolutions by documenting them.
Senior Software Engineer Job Requirements:
* Bachelor"s Degree in Computer Science or in Engineering field or equivalent experience required.
* Must have at least 5 years of experience dealing with Linux, networked systems, and databases.
* Strong programming skills Python, C++.11 or newer, as well as Zava, are needed.
* A thorough knowledge of system architecture and IoT application design.
* Electric vehicle (EV) experience, as well as EV charging and/or battery systems, is preferred.
* Hardware and embedded system experience are a plus.
* Following experience are preferred: REST/Open API, Docker, MODBUS, GRPC, OCPP, protobufs, REST/Open API Linux/system, K8s or other docker container managers.
* Experience with continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) using Gitlab (preferred), Jenkins, or other CI/CD methods.
* Microservices or related architectures experience is a plus.
* A thorough understanding of s/w program requirements, design, and documentation.
* Code management, coding standards, and version control are all skills that must be mastered.
If you are interested in this Senior Software Engineer job in Hartford, CT, please apply via the 'apply now' link provided.
Belcan is a leading provider of qualified personnel to many of the world's most respected enterprises. We offer excellent opportunities for contract/temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct assignments in the engineering, IT, and professional fields. We are the employer of choice for thousands worldwide. Our overriding goal is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people, organizations, and communities succeed. Belcan is a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.belcan.com.