Quality Engineer Manager Simi Valley, CA Posted: 5/11/2021
Company specializes in components and sub-systems for the aerospace, defence and selected energy markets.
Rate range $120K - $135K
The Engineering Manager, Quality leads the Quality Engineering Team and directs the team objectives, while aligning tasks with company policies and procedures. Oversees the quality engineering tasks to enhance product quality and to ensure a high reliability and proper performance per product requirements. Participates in decision making that will have a significant impact on product quality.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Leads and directs the Quality Engineering team; ensuring that products or components meet design and reliability requirements.
* Directs Quality Engineering activities and implements policies and procedures to meet business requirements.
* Establishes crisis resolution procedures to ensure continuous flow of product.
* Oversees Quality audits on various processes to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
* Utilizes expertise and teams knowledge to drive improvements and best practices.
* Leads and directs work for team(s) of employees as defined by business needs.
* Manages staff selection, performance, development and training processes to ensure team competencies and capabilities to reach the business goals and expectations.
* Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary.
* Education: Post-secondary degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations.
* Years Experience: 15 years or more of relevant experience.
* Strong ability to lead, plan and direct the Quality Engineering Team.
* Demonstrated engineering expertise, and ability to improve products or services by applying professional and business knowledge.
* Experienced with making technical and managerial decisions which will have significant effect on products.
* Strong attention to detail, good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize with changing situations.
* Solid analytical skills and judgment to proactively identify and solve increasingly complex problems.
* Demonstrated use of the latest technology to enhance the growth of an organization.
* Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to drive tasks to completion.