Quality Inspector III Louisville, CO Posted: 5/12/2021
A Quality Inspector III job in Louisville, CO is currently available through Belcan with one of our Aerospace clients. You will be responsible for inspecting high-tolerance spacecraft components using Laser Tracker, Faro-Laser system, Romer, CMM or hand equipment. To be considered for this role, you will need a High school diploma or GED equivalent and at least 5 years of relevant experience.
Quality Inspector III Job duties:
* Receiving and Production Inspection
* Inspect and file/record incoming part history records.
* Perform accurate mechanical, physical and visual inspection of raw materials, components, and sub-assemblies per Inspection Plans, drawings and other specification requirements.
* Read and interpret specifications and part prints.
* Initiate nonconformance reports (NCs) as required
* Ensure calibration and maintenance of inspection equipment is up to date prior to conducting inspection operations.
* Perform product identification and traceability activities, as required.
* Work with other company personnel to resolve inspection questions.
* Communicate with project engineers to ensure compliance with the final product requirements.
* Document information on the computer in various databases and other internal programs
* Participates in in-process and final inspection as needed.
* Trains collateral duty Inspectors
* Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned
* Follow all clean-up and housekeeping procedures. Comply with all quality, safety, and work rules and regulations.
* As needed, assist Quality Engineers with conduct of First Article, in-process, and final inspections
* Train contract / temporary employees in the inspection procedures.
* High school diploma or GED equivalent and at least 5 years of relevant experience
* 2-5 years" experience in a Manufacturing Quality Control environment.
* Previous mechanical inspection background with ability to use Faro-Laser System, CMM (preferably Zeiss), Romer, Laser Tracker and basic hand measurement tools (calipers, micrometers, thread gauges etc.)
* As required by site, knowledge of and ability to use a wide range of higher precision measuring or Non-Destructive Evaluation equipment.
* Minimum (5) years" experience in mechanical inspection and inspection techniques.
* Self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
* Effective teamwork, interpersonal, and communication skills.
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
* Experience with MS Excel and Word.
* Proficient with geometry and trigonometry (machine shop math).
* Knowledge and ability to interpret Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance per ASME Y14.5M
* Minimum Fundamental Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities as stated in SNC"s Responsibility Matrix.
* 3-5 year"s experience in aviation or spacecraft preferred
* Knowledge and ability to understand and interpret technical schematics and drawings
* Knowledge and ability to interpret geometric dimensioning and tolerance
* Experience with finished goods inspection
* Experience with Costpoint and/or AEGIS-MES
* Basic understanding of material flow in operations
* Experience drafting work instructions and SOP's
* Experience with Network+, Security+, CCNA and/or A+
* Working knowledge of ISO 9000 and AS 9100 standards
If you are interested in this Quality Inspector III job in Louisville, CO, please apply via the 'apply now' link provided. Belcan is a leading provider of qualified personnel to many of the world's most respected enterprises. We offer excellent opportunities for contract/temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct assignments in the engineering, IT, and professional fields. We are the employer of choice for thousands worldwide. Our overriding goal is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people, organizations, and communities succeed. Belcan is a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.belcan.com.