Principal Data Scientist Nashville, TN Posted: 5/13/2021
A remote Principal Data Scientist job is currently available through Belcan. To be considered for this role, you will have a Bachelor"s degree with (8) eight years of experience. This is a full time opportunity with a growing company and has excellent upward mobility.
Principal Data Scientist Job Responsibilities:
* Builds and validates predictive models of high risk/reward or ambiguous problems with no initial solution utilizing large scale data from multiple data sources and serves and the expert in formulating solutions using Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Deep Learning.
* Ensures adoption of the model and reviews other Data Scientists' models.
* Serves as a thought leader and strategic partner to cross functional leaders promoting and educating the business on appropriate application for AI, ML and DL.
* Uses machine learning and other appropriate techniques to create data-driven solutions for various business use-cases
* Leads the analysis and mining of very large quantities of data with expertise in several domains to find patterns and insights utilizing statistical software
* Writes Python code in on prem or cloud solutions within the environment.
Required Skills and Experience:
* PhD degree in a quantitative field including but not limited to data science, physics, computer science, math, engineering, and statistics and 7+ years of data science experience (Or Master"s Degree with 10+ years" experience).
* Expertise in Machine Learning in auto or related industries- SciKit-Learn, TensorFlow or PyTorch, Pandas, NumPy
* Expertise (5+ years) operating and deploying models in cloud environments e.g., AWS, Azure, collaborating with IT, Data Engineers, ML Engineers.
* Experience with distributed computing (Spark/MLLib)
* Experience in IoT and streaming data analytics
* Able to work with large data sets from multiple data sources (text, speech, images, structured, unstructured).
* 10 years of programming experience in statistical software (for example Python, R, or SAS)