Senior Commodity Buyer Chesapeake, VA Posted: 5/13/2021
A Senior Commodity Buyer role in Chesapeake, VA is now available through Belcan. In this role, you will be responsible for purchasing materials and parts from qualified suppliers that are used in the assembly of the company's products. In addition, you will also have the responsibility of assessing the quality systems being used by the supplier to ensure that the end products manufactured meet or exceed our customer"s expectations. To be considered for this role, you will have a Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain or Business along with 6+ years of production purchasing experience.
Senior Commodity Buyer job duties:
- Manage commodities such as: Castings, Plastics, Paint, Water Pumps, Fuel Systems, Cooling Systems, Gears, Bearings and Electrical Systems
- Work closely with Segment Manager to support Segment Strategy
- Meet all assigned KPI goals
- Ensure development and implementation of assigned commodity strategies
- Manage the business relationships with suppliers (includes implementation of continuous improvement philosophy in quality and delivery areas)
- Responsible for leading and coordinating the MCL target for the commodity
- Ensure cross functional cooperation within the organization
- Participate in all new projects requiring the oversight and leadership of a formal Project Management team
- Prepare design and cost driver analyses and lead coordination of "concurrent engineering" activities
- Prepare strategic analyses of new plant and engineering initiatives (including supplier evaluation, negotiation of terms & conditions, as well as supplier recommendation and selection)
- Long term agreement (NDA, Framework, Pricing, Warranty, Quality) contract development and execution to secure the most favorable terms & conditions for the company
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business, or related field
- Six or more years of production purchasing experience (automotive purchasing a plus)
- Expert knowledge in supplier negotiations and quality, supply chain operations, collaborating with suppliers, and handling issues to a successful resolution.
- Excellent project and change management skills, as well as a basic understanding of all modern production processes and materials
If you are interested in this Senior Commodity Buyer job in Chesapeake, VA, please apply via the "apply now" link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services-from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for nearly 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.