Supply Chain & Manufacturing SBU
Health Safety and Environmental Coordinator Union City, IN Posted: 5/13/2021
Supply Chain & Manufacturing SBU
A Health Safety and Environmental Coordinator job is currently available at Belcan in Union City, IN. This is a contract position for a minimum of one month. The majority of work will be performed onsite at the OEM Supplier. In this job, You will ensure health, safety, environmental, and security compliance in accordance with local, state, and governmental rules and regulations. In addition, you will document, implement, and enforce company policies, procedures, and programs designed to improve the quality of a safe and healthful workplace for the workers.
Health Safety and Environmental Coordinator job duties:
* Monitors the company's health, safety, security, fire systems and environmental (HSE) standards in compliance with OSHA, MIOSHA, EPA and ISO14001.
* Develop, implement and maintain programs and policies for monitoring and preventing chemical, physical, and biological hazards.
* Surveys, compiles, and analyzes data relating to occupational and environmental health issues.
* Performs field and safety measurements, safety evaluations, and hazardous waste evaluations.
* Develops or provides input to hazardous material communications, including maintaining safety data sheets.
* Ensures inspection, measuring, and manufacturing equipment and instrumentation is sufficiently installed to maximize accident prevention; consistently monitors equipment to maintain HSE conditions.
* Implements or recommends control measures for exposure to hazardous materials or unhealthy conditions.
* Directs and trains workers in the facility on compliance with health, safety and environmental regulations in accordance with company policies, procedures, and applicable government regulations.
* Provides technical guidance to management and government agencies regarding health, safety and environmental related problems and ensures personal protective equipment (PPE) is utilized.
* Develops and implements a program and system to track and evaluate workplace injuries; reports accidents to MI(OSHA) and EPA, as defined.
* Maintains working knowledge of new developments in the industry and government regulations.
* Facilitates HSE committee; participates in facility walkthroughs daily to identify potential and real hazards, and reports violations to senior management immediately.
* Develops, implements and maintains safety recognition and safety/ergonomic programs.
* Implements and maintains employee wellness programs.
* Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in industrial engineering or equivalent from four-year college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Minimum of two (2) years related experience and/or training.
* OSHA certification desirable.
* 10% or less travel and ability to periodically work non-traditional business hours to support local and international suppliers.
* Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
* Occasionally required to climb or balance.
* Legal authorization to work in the US required.
Desired but not required skills:
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
* Complete multiple tasks within established and changing deadlines
* Excellent communication skills: verbal, written, presentation.
* Demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to work amongst cross-functional teams.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications: spreadsheet, word processing, presentation, database.
If you are interested in this Health Safety and Environmental Coordinator job apply via the 'apply now' link provided. As an employee with Belcan Engineering, you will be part of one of the largest engineering firms in the United States. We maintain a small-company atmosphere as well as open communication at all levels of our organization, allowing for much more dynamic decision-making processes. We offer flexible schedules as well as an excellent mentoring system to ensure that you have all of the knowledge and tools you need to meet a diverse range of engineering challenges. You will also have opportunities to advance to positions of greater responsibility, including management roles. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Belcan is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
Build a challenging and rewarding career with an industry leader!