Electrical / Electronics
Electrical Engineer (FPGA) Redmond, WA Posted: 5/13/2021
Electrical / Electronics
An Electrical Engineer (FPGA) position in Redmond, WA is currently available through Belcan with one of our top technological clients. In this role, you will create and release FPGA solutions to support satellite communication systems; you will work across various teams to define, develop, implement, test, and release solutions.
In this role you will:
* Create and release FPGAs through the development phases of uArchitecture-RTL Design-Physical Implementation-Timing Closure-Simulation Validation- Lab Based Silicon Validation
* Collaborate with control engineering team to architect, define, design and test high performance control loops targeted to FPGA technology
* Collaborate with the Software team to implement Processing system to programmable logic interfaces allowing parallel processing in FPGA technology
* Collaborate with system architects and design engineers to implement digital logic functions in FPGA prototypes to validate/tradeoff architecture & design alternatives
* Collaborate with systems architects, HW engineering design teams & FW/SW design teams to bring up and test systems combining FPGA, firmware and high-performance control loops.
* Drive trade-off analysis to benefit customer experience and optimization of target technology resources for cost/size/power/performance/features
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, related discipline, or 10 + years of FPGA experience
* 7+ years of experience in FPGA design & implementation
* Experience with System Verliog RTL coding
* Experience in the design, test, delivery, support of multiple FPGAs shipping to customers
* Experience with Intel & Xilinx FPGAs · Experience with modern ASIC / FPGA design and verification tools
* Experience with uArchitecture, RTL coding, FPGA optimization for timing & power, simulation, and validation
* Experience with HLS
* Experience with Computer Networking Systems from Layer2 to Layer4
* Experience with TCP/IP Systems
* Experience with current and upcoming RF standards in cellular (4G/5G), WiMAX, 802.11ad, microwave backhaul, DVB-S2 / DVB-C, or similar broadband wireless standards
* Proven track record of successfully fielding and supporting FPGA and ASIC products
* Good analytical, problem solving and communication skills
If you are interested in this Electrical Engineer position please apply via the 'apply now' link provided. Belcan is a leading provider of qualified personnel to many of the world's most respected enterprises. We offer excellent opportunities for contract/temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct assignments in the engineering, IT, and professional fields. We are the employer of choice for thousands worldwide. Our overriding goal is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people, organizations, and communities succeed. Belcan is a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.belcan.com.