CNC Machinist Ogden, UT Posted: 5/13/2021
1st Shift / Day Shift CNC Machinist, Five or more years experience required. Immediate opening with competitive pay and long term employment opportunities with benefits.
Starting Pay $27 to $31/ hr
Sets up and operates various conventional and/or numerically controlled machining centers on the most complex and difficult jobs. Works from blueprints, sketches, planning sheets, verbal instructions, and/or engineering, tooling, or equipment information. Contributes to lean initiatives to increase productivity and reduce costs. Works independently with minimum guidance in a team environment.
Background in 5 Axis milling (including profiling), understanding of programming for 5 axis machines, strong GD&T background, and experience with CMM inspection.
1. Sets up and runs manual and automatic ID hone and lap machines. Performs machine operations 1. Runs multiple machines efficiently, which may require simultaneous operations. Adapts or improvises tooling to accomplish results where operations require a broad knowledge of production machining technology, operating skills, and shop techniques together with diversified experience.
2. Sets ups, adjusts, and operates a variety of conventional and/or special purpose machines to perform the most diversified and difficult production operations on work having close and exact tolerances, several dimensional relationships, unusual contours, dimensional and finish requirements.
3. Interprets customer requirements from blueprints, complex drawings, engineering specifications, quality directives, charts, tables, sketches, and verbal instructions.
4. Interfaces with engineering to resolve drawing errors, suggest design changes, and solve product/process problems.
5. Implements manufacturing methods using standard production machines, materials, and tooling. May advise and assist with tooling design.
6. Makes complex setups, which may include multiple work piece stations, utilizing custom and standard holding devices.
7. Develops and defines processes with limited documentation, as required.
8. Trouble shoots and resolves machining problems.
9. Responsible for machining and checking parts to maintain a high level of quality and efficiency.
10. Inspects finished parts for conformance to specifications by visual examination, and utilizes
precision measuring instruments such as gages, calipers, micrometers, comparators, and surface plate techniques. May be required to use coordinate measuring machine (CMM). Ensures equipment is calibrated in accordance with schedule.
11. Routinely maintains equipment to ensure cleanliness, accuracy, and reliability specific to division requirements.
12. Accurately and regularly performs statistical process control (SPC) specific to division requirements.
13. Uses advanced shop mathematics, which may include trigonometry, and general knowledge of metal characteristics and other processing requirements.
14. Actively contributes to lean initiatives by identifying and providing suggestions on areas for
improvement. Effectively applies lean concepts and tools in work area.
15. Provides guidance or assistance in coordinating workload priorities to make appropriate accommodations based on business demand.
16. Observes all company policies and procedures, including safety rules, and maintains a clean and orderly work area.
17. Trains and mentors less experienced team members.
18. Performs other related responsibilities, as requested.
1. Five or more years of directly related machining experience in a high technology manufacturing environment. Able to work with minimum supervisory guidance.
2. Handles multiple tasks with changing priorities to meet customer needs.
3. May require specialize certification specific to division requirements (i.e. certified operator).
4. Reads, understands, and follows blueprints, complex drawings, engineering specifications, and informal written or verbal instructions.
5. Able to make and evaluate precision machine set ups.
6. Has working knowledge of advanced shop mathematics, may include trigonometry.
7. Able to implement lean initiatives.
8. Demonstrates effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, as well as the ability to work in a team environment on research and solution development.
9. Possesses effective mentoring and training skills, and ability to service as a resource to other team members.
10. Interprets reports and uses job specific software applications. Able to use employee self‐service systems to access on‐line information and use specialized automated systems (i.e. PMR, TORS, e‐mail).
11. Effectively demonstrates team member competencies and participates in goal setting, performance feedback, and self‐development activities.
Location: Ogden, Utah 84404 Area Code 801
Now accepting interviews - potential for immediate start, temporary to permanent employment
Keywords: #cncmachinistjobs, #ogdenjobs, #machinistjobs