DevOps - Kubernetes Engineer Milpitas, CA Posted: 5/14/2021
A Staffing - IT Performance Tester job in Milpitas, CA, is currently available through Belcan. To be considered for this role, you will Deploys, debugs and maintains vNMS (VNF) software in private telco cloud by leveraging technologies such as - Kubernetes cluster using RedHat OpenShift Container Platform, CI/ CD.
DevOps - Kubernetes Engineer (VNF) - Contractor
Must be onsite/local
The main requirement for this role is as follows: Kubernetes cluster using RedHat OpenShift Container Platform and openstack
- Hands on and deep experience in Openstack, openshift
- Should able create and maintain private cloud, cluster using above technologies
- Good Networking concepts
I have removed 'QA' word from the JD.
Good to have:
- Background of telecom and telco cloud
- VNF testing
DO NOT need to have QA, API, REST, GUI.. etc experience.
Education and Experience: Bachelor"s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications, or related field (BSEE, BSCS, BS Telecommunications) from a four-year college/university with 3+ years of work experience, or Master"s degree (MSEE, MSCS, or related field) with 2+ years of experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Deploys, debugs and maintains vNMS (VNF) software in private telco cloud by leveraging technologies such as - Kubernetes cluster using RedHat OpenShift Container Platform, CI/ CD
* Designs and develops functional and non-functional test cases for virtualized/containerized vNMS deployment
* Integrate with CI/CD pipeline with orchestration scripts
* Reproduces customer defects and debugs to identify root causes
* Participates and conducts Test case design reviews, bug scrubs with product and engineering teams
Must have requirements:
* Fundamental understanding of virtualization and containerization technologies: RedHat OpenShift, Docker, container orchestration and configuration management with Kubernetes, pods.
* Must have hands on experience with software deployment on Kubernetes based system
* Working knowledge of testing container-based software applications.
* Experience with IP networking and routing (DHCP, IPv4/IPv6, TCP/IP, and so on)
* Understanding of Docker files, k8s pod spec in yaml files, stateful sets, Persistent volume, k8s scheduler, certificate management
* Must understand high availability and redundancy systems
* Experience in testing RESTful APIs
* Working knowledge of Unix/Linux
* Understanding Continuous Integration process and test management tools such as Jenkins, Jira and Testrail
* Understanding with programming languages such as Python
* Basic Understanding TOSCA CSAR, Helm Chart
Good to have requirements:
* Experience on RESTful API automation using Python.
* Basic understanding of testing EMS/NMS systems, SNMP, FCAPS.
* Basic Understanding 5G Telco cloud, ETSI MANO specifications.
If you are interested in this job, please apply via the 'apply now' link provided. Belcan is a leading provider of qualified personnel to many of the world's most respected enterprises. We offer excellent opportunities for contract/temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct assignments in the engineering, IT, and professional fields. We are the employer of choice for thousands worldwide. Our overriding goal is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people, organizations, and communities succeed. Belcan is a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.belcan.com.