Category Manager II Oshkosh, WI Posted: 5/14/2021
A Category Manager II job in Wisconsin is currently available through Belcan. To be considered for this role you Will be at intermediate level position within the supply chain category management and new product development functions.
The Category Specialist role is an intermediate level position within the supply chain category management and new product development functions. The position supports the organization by gathering and manipulating spend and commodity data in support of sourcing strategies and category management. The position develops category research using internal and external data, interprets data and trends and translates into opportunities for value capture. The position supports and may lead sub-categories.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Negotiate agreements and lead the implementation, coordination, and enforcement of agreements for the commodity
* Data gathering and manipulation.
* Knowledge of data analytics tools; data analytics in a specific commodity/category.
* Critical thinking skills forming to connect the category data to the business.
* Knowledge of suppliers and supply markets.
* Knowledge of Supplier relationships management & engagement.
* Understanding for supply market trends and how they impact the business.
* Skill for engineering technical drawings understanding, taxonomy and technical grammar.
* Gaining an understanding of category the global market place.
* Will assist and may lead long-term agreement negotiations
* Identifies and communicates supply chain risk.
* Understand and communicates category/commodity prices including total cost of ownership models.
* Supports strategic sourcing initiatives, with development understanding of strategic sourcing process.
* Regularly uses influencing skills. Utilizes project management to lead and coordinate programs from concept through launch, and may be participant on council.
* 3-plus years of related experience with Bachelors degree
5+ years of related experience with no Bachelors degree
Bachelor"s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering or related field
* Legal experience
* Program management experience
* Global Procurement processes
* Cost management / cost structures
* Negotiate and manage all global supply base relationship requirements within your assigned commodities
* Proven negotiation and analytical skills
* PC skills
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
Excellent cross-functional leadership skills and the ability to influence/motivate others
Belcan is a leading provider of qualified personnel to many of the world's most respected enterprises. We offer excellent opportunities for contract/temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct assignments in the engineering, IT, and professional fields. We are the employer of choice for thousands worldwide. Our overriding goal is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people, organizations, and communities succeed. Belcan is a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.belcan.com.