Propulsion Engineer Kent, WA Posted: 5/14/2021
A Propulsion Engineer job in Kent, WA is currently available through Belcan. We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and commitment to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is required! This is a great contract opportunity with an established and reputable company.
As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for the design, development, and qualification of rocket engine combustion devices. You will support designs and hardware that are transitioning from development through qualification into flight production. Some of the components you can expect to be producing include heat exchangers, main injector assemblies, and gaseous oxygen domes. You will be responsible for the release of the detail design, documentation of the analysis, production/manufacturing support, as well as the integration into the rocket engine assembly. To be successful in this position, you will have demonstrated skills in structural/mechanical design, working knowledge of aerospace materials, manufacturing processes and engineering release/configuration management.
* 7 + years of relevant design engineering experience
* Component design experience through entire product lifecycle
* Proficiency in Creo CAD program and Windchill PLM
* Knowledge in the use of FEA analysis tools (ANSYS preferred)
* Working knowledge of aerospace materials and treatments
* BS or MS Degree in Engineering
* Configuration change control management in a flight production environment
* Detail design of heat exchangers and structure components
* Experience designing cryogenic propellant systems and components
* Designing for manufacturing and assembly
* Knowledge of aerospace welding and brazing techniques
* Strong understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
* Additive manufacturing of aerospace alloys
* Knowledge of machining fabrication methods
If you are interested in this Propulsion Engineer job please apply via the 'apply now' link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services-from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for nearly 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.