Mechanical Engineer (Propulsion) Elkton, MD Posted: 5/17/2021
A Mechanical Engineer role in Elkton, MD is currently available through Belcan with one of our top aerospace and defense clients. In this role, you will be part of a team that researches, plans, designs and develops mechanical products and systems, with a focus on moderately complex materials (including energetics), structural components, and control systems for propulsion systems.
- Researches, plans, designs and develops mechanical products and systems, with a focus on moderately complex materials (including energetics), structural components, and control systems for propulsion systems.
- Applies research to the planning, design, development, and testing of propulsion systems (electric, solid/liquid fuel rocket, air-breathing, thrusters) for application in launch vehicles, missile systems, and space mission systems.
- Coordinate strategy for developing and leveraging multi-disciplinary design, optimization, and analysis processes to support mission requirements.
- Define and coordinate the conduct of testing required to evaluate design work. with limited supervision.
- Determine engineering tasks required for project planning and execution
- Document results of design activities and release results after review from other engineers.
- 3-6 years experience with propulsion systems development (electric, solid/liquid fuel rocket, air-breathing, thrusters)
- CAD experience, NX is preferred, but open to others
- Product Lifecycle management tool experience (TCUA is preferred, not required) - Team Center
- Clearance is preferred, but not required.
If you are interested in this Mechanical Engineer position please apply via the 'apply now' link provided. Belcan is a leading provider of qualified personnel to many of the world's most respected enterprises. We offer excellent opportunities for contract/temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct assignments in the engineering, IT, and professional fields. We are the employer of choice for thousands worldwide. Our overriding goal is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people, organizations, and communities succeed. Belcan is a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.belcan.com.