Electrical / Electronics
Electronics Product Engineer Simsbury, CT Posted: 5/17/2021
Electrical / Electronics
A Electronics Product Engineer job in Simsbury, CT is now accepting applications. This is a permanent, direct / benefited position with our key aerospace client. In this role you will Review PCB Fab drawings, PCB Assembly drawings, and Electro-mechanical drawings and provide input to influence new product designs for manufacturability. To be considered you will have a BS/MS in engineering and 3+ years minimum of electronics manufacturing engineering experience.
* Work in a core project team (design, quality, technicians, program manager and supply chain) and customers
* Review PCB fabrication drawings, PCB assembly drawings, and electro-mechanical drawings. Provide input to influence new product designs for manufacturability.
* Troubleshoot and repair equipment to support production needs
* Hands-on oversight of hardware ensuring delivery to internal and external customer schedules
* Develop manufacturing processes for electronic assemblies to achieve quality and rate goals. This includes training of technicians on manufacturing processes as needed.
* Design, coordinate, procure, and assemble tooling, fixtures, and work aids.
* Populate product structures and routers in IFS (EBAD"s ERP system).
* Prepare process documentation including standard work, manufacturing instructions, process specifications, shop orders and shop order routings.
* Design efficient manufacturing cell layouts including tooling, machinery, and equipment.
* Implement lean manufacturing tools and concepts including: Standard Work, 5-S, KANBAN, Visual Management, etc.
* Drive continuous improvement activities including lean cell conversion, statistical process control (SPC) implementation and SMED.
* Perform PFMEA"s and DFM"s to identify and mitigate risks early in the process
* Provide supplier management and development support for PCB suppliers (new supplier assessment, process development, assembly support, source inspection, etc.)
* Create content and present for project milestone and design reviews, and other customer presentations for manufacturing (SRR, PDR, CDR)
Electronics Product Engineer Requirements:
* The candidate must have a BS/MS in engineering and 3+ years minimum of electronics manufacturing engineering experience.
* Electronics experience required (PCB assembly, electro-mechanical assembly, IPC & J-STD specification knowledge)
* Manufacturing engineering experience required (process development, writing procedures, working with PCB suppliers)
* Must have excellent interpersonal, teamwork, communication, and organizational skills
* Excellent multi-tasker, ability to resolve problems quickly, and work in a fast-paced environment
* Experience working in aerospace or defense production operations or test lab is preferred
* Electronics testing experience a plus (oscilloscopes, meters, power supplies, etc.)
If you are interested in this Electronics Product Engineer job in Simsbury, CT, please apply via the apply now link.
Belcan is a leading provider of qualified personnel to many of the world's most respected enterprises. We offer excellent opportunities for contract/temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct assignments in the technical, IT, professional, and clerical fields. We are the employer of choice for thousands worldwide. Our overriding goal is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people, organizations, and communities succeed. Belcan is a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.belcan.com