Returned Material Evaluator North Haven, CT Posted: 5/17/2021
An Returned Material Evaluator job is currently available in North Haven, Connecticut through Belcan. In this CONTRACT role, you will use your knowledge of aerospace commodities, manufacturing and inspection methods to evaluate aircraft material that has been returned from customers and offsite warehouse locations, to determine whether the material conforms to all current requirements.
Returned Material Evaluator
Engagement estimated to be 30 weeks.
This position is in a 3PL warehouse facility in North Haven, CT
*** This is safety sensitive position and requires inclusion of your contractor in an FAA approved Drug and Alcohol screening program. The following items are required by Client Compliance Department and must be submitted to Volt prior to the contractor"s assignment start date.
- If your company"s current FAA Drug & Alcohol Program Certificate is not already on file a copy must be provided.
- A compliance letter confirming your contractor"s inclusion in this program.
You will use your knowledge of aerospace commodities, manufacturing and inspection methods to evaluate aircraft material that has been returned from customers and offsite warehouse locations, to determine whether the material conforms to all current requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Review return documents for completeness, correctness and information
* Review certification documents
* Ensure all required documents are present
* Review part configuration data
* Review alerts, bulletins, special inspections
* Inspect part packaging and protection
* Inspect part preservation
* Inspect part condition (damage, deterioration, evidence of installation, etc.)
* Document and process nonconforming material
* Coordinate repair inductions
* Document evaluation results
* Communicate with various personnel to request and follow-up on missing, insufficient, unclear, illegible or incomplete documents/data
* Provide final dispositions on material
* Other tasks or actions as assigned
* Aircraft assembly or maintenance experience or A&P License preferred
* 5 years minimum practical work experience in aerospace quality or engineering.
* 3 years minimum experience with quality control methods and techniques, in relation to aircraft components and parts, including knowledge of the following:
o Final inspections.
o Quality assurance provisions of special processes (for example, heat treating, shot-peening, welding, plating).
o Manufacturing processes
o Testing procedures
o Drawing/Blueprint Interpretation
o Inspection Methods
o Specification Interpretation
o Commodity-specific knowledge
a. Machined Parts
b. Electronics/Avionics/Wiring Harnesses
c. Elastomeric & Vulcanized Assemblies
d. Sheet Metal Fabricated Parts
o Strong verbal and written communication skills
o Communication / Interpersonal skills
o Organization / Prioritization skills
o Computer Skills
o Experience using MS Office, SAP and other software.
o Ability to lift and maneuver aircraft parts of different shapes and sizes up to 25 lbs. safely
o Ability to maneuver and climb a 12-step rolling ladder (staircase) occasionally to retrieve boxes from higher shelves as needed
o Command of the English Language - spoken and written.
o Integrity, professionalism, sound judgment and the highest degree of objectivity.
If you are interested in this job, please apply via the 'apply now' link provided.
Belcan is a leading provider of qualified personnel to many of the world's most respected enterprises. We offer excellent opportunities for contract/temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct assignments in the engineering, IT, and professional fields. We are the employer of choice for thousands worldwide. Our overriding goal is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people, organizations, and communities succeed. Belcan is a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.belcan.com.