Designer / Consultant
Senior CAD Designer Carson, CA Posted: 5/18/2021
Designer / Consultant
A Senior CAD Designer job is available in Carson, CA with Belcan. In this role, this person will Perform Design new components used in electric motors and supporting systems using CATIA V6.
job description from hiring manager
· Design new components used in electric motors and supporting systems using CATIA V6.
· Create 2D prints of components used in motor systems applying geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T).
· Make necessary updates to existing 3D models, 2D prints, and Product Lifecycle Management software ENOVIA .
· Generate assembly illustrations using CATIA and other office tools to help engineers establish proper assembly processes of motor components and related systems.
· Assist engineers with executing 3D packaging studies in vehicle environment to ensure electric motor components meet necessary clearance requirements.
· Assist engineers in completion of designs, assemblies, and drawings for test and assembly fixtures.
· Assist engineers in release and change management system ENOVIA
THIS IS WHAT YOU"LL NEED:
requirements from hiring manager
· Associates Degree in Drafting/Design preferred.
· 5 to 10 years of experience using CATIA (V6 preferred) software.
· Experience with Product Lifecycle Management software and ENOVIA.
· Experience and aptitude in injection molding, die casting, and sheet metal design.
· Extensive experience using GD&T (understanding, reading, and applying).
· Proficient with Microsoft office apps (Excel, PowerPoint, Excel).
· Detail oriented, self-motivated, and able to work in a fast pace environment.
· Experience working in automotive and start-up environment is a plus.
If you are interested in this role please apply via the 'apply now' link provided. Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services-from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for nearly 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.