IT Desktop Support Technician - Level II Plymouth, MI Posted: 5/18/2021
A IT Desktop Support Technician - Level II job is available in Plymouth, MI with Belcan. In this role, this person will Develop positive relationships with the business and other functions at all levels.
Possess Level 2/3 IT Support knowledge - Technology and Applications troubleshooting/repair/resolution for all endpoints (laptops, desktops, kiosk machines, and mobiles/tablets)
* Knowledge to diagnosis and resolution of computer hardware, software, and network issues for the executives and VIP users
* Initial troubleshooting of the network issues - Port testing, Bandwidth monitoring, Shared drive issues, etc.
* Incident Management - Responding, tracking, resolving, and reporting of escalated/assigned tickets as per the Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
* Adhere to the End User Computing policies (including desktop group policies), standards, and procedures for hardware and software
* Develop positive relationships with the business and other functions at all levels
* Collaborate with members of the information security, network, and cloud teams to ensure consistent IT services to our business users
* Look to improve all aspects of the Service Desk Support functions continually This is what you"ll need:
* At least 6-8 years (or relative) in a Desktop Support role, where you learned the nuances of IT Support
* Bachelor"s degree or Professional training/certifications related to areas of responsibilities
* Experience with: Wired/Wireless networks, VPN, Collaboration tools (Chat and Video Conferencing), A/V devices, and conference room systems.
* Support Experience with Office365, all major browsers, 3rd party popular applications, encryption software, anti-virus solutions, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDIs), DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, file and printing services, and shared drives
* Familiarity with the standard helpdesk ticketing tools (ServiceNow, Jira)
* Ability to coordinate and communicate at all levels within the organization - Business Stakeholders, Vendors, Suppliers, Senior Managers, and C-Level Execs
* Tech Savvy - Ability and passion for learning new technology and tools
* Passion for Customer Support - A drive to help end-users get what they need to do their jobs the best they can. A sense of satisfaction from assisting end-users in getting what they need on time
* Prioritization Skills - The ability to analyze support requests and prioritize them based on impact
* Discipline - The discipline to actively manage help desk tickets and internal IT tasks without getting distracted by email, chat, or other ad-hoc communication * Ability to articulate technical solutions to non-technical users in simple and easy to understand terms
* Self-motivating, requires little supervision and can hit the ground running.
Comments for Suppliers: Remote for now, but must be near site if return to office.
If you are interested in this role please apply via the 'apply now' link provided. Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services-from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for nearly 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.