Test Engineer-Avionics Development Kent, WA Posted: 12/2/2019
A Test Engineer-Avionics Development job in Kent, WA is currently available through Belcan. In this role, you will develop specialized test systems in support of integrated Avionics testing at the box level for our suborbital launch vehicle programs for various spaceflight systems. You will also coordinate test system requirements with Avionics subsystem owners, integration and test engineers, and operations personnel. Major test system elements include environmental test racks, ground power and battery charging racks, wired and wireless communication ground stations, and ground network switchgear. To be considered for this role, you will have a B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field, plus a minimum of five years of related experience. Due to the nature of work performed at this facility, you must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card holder).
Test Engineer-Avionics Development duties:
* Design, development, verification, and integration of specialized test hardware and software
* Work with internal stakeholders to define requirements, dependencies, and schedule needs associating with delivering test systems to programs
* Integrate test system hardware & software development schedules with program and vehicle schedules
* Support operational checkout of systems under test and provide training to test and operations personnel
* Work to continuously improve the avionics test team processes and standards
* 5+ years of specialized test and electrical ground support equipment hardware and software design and development
* Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
* Passion for hands-on problem solving and avionics integration and test
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team on rapid development programs
* Ability to travel to and work at remote sites for extended periods supporting test integration, commissioning, and training
If you are interested in this Test Engineer-Avionics Development job in Kent, WA, please apply via the link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers" better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services-from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.