Electrical / Electronics
Electrical Engineer - Power Anaheim, CA Posted: 1/8/2020
Electrical / Electronics
A Power/Electrical Engineer job in Anaheim, California is currently available through Belcan. This is a contract role with one of aerospace clients. You will be responsible for design and development of electrical power equipment for shipboard applications and design support of other applications. To be considered for this role, you will need to have a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Power Engineering or equivalent from a four-year college or university; and 5 to 10 years experience in the design of power conversion equipment or related equivalent experience and/or training.
Power/Electrical Engineer Job duties:
* Provide power electronics engineering support for design, development, integration, operation and sustaining of electrical components, equipment and systems under moderate supervision.
* Participate in all stages of development from design through manufacturing support and system integration.
* Interpret customer specifications to define requirements for power electronics circuit and systems design.
* Starting from conceptual phase, provide detail design of switch mode power converters and inverters, transformer rectifiers, control loops and/or magnetic components.
* Perform engineering analysis of power electrical circuits and systems.
* Perform hardware bring-up and integration and support power conversion systems hardware / software integration.
* Provide complete documentation, product verification and part's list.
* Write product and test specifications.
* Provide sustaining engineering on existing products supporting manufacturing and test departments.
* Provide technical support for manufacturing, production and fielded equipment.
* Bachelor of Science degree (B. S.) in Electrical Engineering, Power Engineering or equivalent from a four-year college or university; and 5 to 10 years' experience in the design of power conversion equipment or related equivalent experience and/or training.
* Must have design familiarity with power conversion topologies and electrical components IGBTs, MOSFETs and SCRs used in power switching applications.
* Circuit analysis applications, PSPICE preferred.
* Magnetics design and closed control loop design experience, a plus.
* Must be able to work as a key member of the design team with other Power Design Engineers, Digital and Analog Engineers, System Engineers and Software Engineers.
* Proven effective communication with Senior Project Management and customer representatives is essential.
If you are interested in this Power/Electrical Engineer job in Anaheim, California, please apply via the 'apply now' link provided. Belcan is a leading provider of qualified personnel to many of the world's most respected enterprises. We offer excellent opportunities for contract/temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct assignments in the engineering, IT, and professional fields. We are the employer of choice for thousands worldwide. Our overriding goal is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people, organizations, and communities succeed. Belcan is a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.belcan.com.