Advanced Software Engineer Fairfax, VA Posted: 1/9/2020
24 months max
An Advanced Software Engineer job in Fairfax, VA is currently available through Belcan. In this role, you will be responsible for developing software in accordance with the system requirements. You will also analyze system, functional and performance requirements and how they impact new or existing code. To be considered for this role, you will have a Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering or a related discipline, plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience. A current active department of defense Secret security clearance is required at the time of hire.
Advanced Software Engineer Job duties:
* Analyzing system, functional and performance requirements and how they impact new or existing code.
* Conducting peer reviews of software.
* Performing software unit test and supporting integration.
* Shape future products by contributing to the framework (architecture) used across multiple products or systems.
* Knowledge of using development kits and software modeling tools.
* Proficiency in writing software and understanding of software engineering concepts, principles, and theories.
* Knowledgeable in Python or other scripting language.
* Experience with MATLAB and C or C++ programming.
* Experience with RTI DDS; Socket UDP experience; Linux -- RedHat/Centos; XML/XSD; JSON.
If you are interested in this Advanced Software Engineer job in Fairfax, VA, please apply via the 'apply now' link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services-from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for nearly 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.