Mechanical Systems Design Engineer Kent, WA Posted: 9/10/2020
A Mechanical Systems Design Engineer job in Kent, WA is currently available through Belcan. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the design, development, and test of launch vehicle mechanical systems. To be considered for this role, you will have a Bachelor"s degree in an Engineering discipline, and five years of experience designing Aerospace or equivalent type mechanical system elements within aircraft, spacecraft, or launch vehicles.
Mechanical Systems Design Engineer Job duties:
* Participate in the entire design cycle of mechanical subsystems, including conceptual and detailed design, trade studies, structural analysis, development testing and qualification
* Generate 3-D models, component drawings, assembly drawings, and interface control documents with application of GD&T per ASME Y14.5
* Create documentation for assembly and testing of development and flight hardware
* Participate in subsystem level testing including planning, execution, data reduction and analysis
* Develop component specifications, manage suppliers, provide manufacturing and production support
* Strong mechanical design and integration skills using 3D modeling tools (CREO preferred)
* Experience in Creo (Pro-E) piping and routed system tools
* Experience in Creo (Pro-E) kinematic mechanism design or other mechanism analysis tools
* Experience in structural FEA using ANSYS, NASTRAN or similar tools
* Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum
If you are interested in this Mechanical Systems Design Engineer job in Kent, WA, please apply via the 'apply now' link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services-from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for nearly 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age.