Structural Analyst Kent, WA Posted: 9/15/2020
A Structural Analyst job in Kent, WA is currently available through Belcan with one of our Aerospace clients. You will be responsible for structural loads, dynamics and analysis of vehicles which will land people and payloads on the Moon. You will also perform finite element analysis at the vehicle and component levels, design optimization, structural testing, and verification. To be considered for this role, you will need a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Aerospace or Civil Engineering. This is a great contract opportunity with a great company.
Structural Analyst Job duties:
* Analysis of primary and secondary spacecraft structures
* Integration of structural analysis with loads and dynamics environments
* Finite Element Model development, refinement, validation, and correlation to tests
* Strength checks and analysis report generation
* Test and verification plan and report generation
* Support configuration development and trade studies
* Minimum of a B.S. degree in Mechanical, Aerospace or Civil engineering
* Solid foundation of structural static/dynamic fundamentals
* Passion for spacecraft structural/environmental loads development/validation
* Ability to solve a variety of static and dynamic structural problems using physics-based analytical methods (hand calculations, in-house tools, and 3rd party commercial analytical tools)
* 7+ years of experience with aircraft, spacecraft, launch vehicle, or automotive in some of the following areas: External loads; Vibro-acoustic analysis; Analysis using Nastran, Ansys, Abaqus, LS-Dyna, or Optistruct
* Vehicle load path definition and strength analysis desired
* Analysis of metallic and/or composite structures (skin-stringer, fittings, sandwich panels, etc.)
* Composite design and analysis skills in any thermoset, thermoplastic, metal matrix and ceramic matrix composites
* Experience with ProEngineer Wildfire 4 / Creo Parametric or greater
* Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
If you are interested in this Structural Analyst job in Kent, WA, please apply via the 'apply now' link provided. Belcan is a leading provider of qualified personnel to many of the world's most respected enterprises. We offer excellent opportunities for contract/temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct assignments in the engineering, IT, and professional fields. We are the employer of choice for thousands worldwide. Our overriding goal is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people, organizations, and communities succeed. Belcan is a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.belcan.com.