Sr. Manufacturing Engineer Marion, VA Posted: 9/29/2020
24 months max
A Sr. Manufacturing Engineer job in Marion, VA is currently available through Belcan. In this role, you will be responsible for providing engineering support to all aspects of the Tactical Shelters product line from design and development through start-up, production, integration and test. To be considered for this role, you will have a Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering, or a related specialized area or field, plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience. Due to the nature of the work performed in this facility, US citizenship is required.
Sr. Manufacturing Engineer Job duties:
* Provides hands on engineering support to manufacturing/operations in the manufacture of tactical shelters.
* Develops manufacturing BOMs, workflow routers and work instructions for new designs and build to print projects.
* Develops tooling approaches and coordinates tool design and fabrication efforts for new product builds.
* Analyzes and develops processes for manufacturing tolerance control.
* Supports design and development of military tactical shelters covering such areas as detail fabrication, adhesive bonded sandwich panels, mechanical assembly and basic lighting and power systems.
* Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
* Has mechanical aptitude and strong analytical ability to resolve technical issues, develop new products and develop creative and innovative ideas and solutions.
* Experience and working knowledge of mechanical assembly, welding of thin walled aluminum, aluminum sheet metal fabrication, CNC machining, chemical processes, aluminum skin/honeycomb sandwich panel bonding and painting materials and processes.
* Experience analyzing and developing processes for manufacturing tolerance control.
If you are interested in this Sr. Manufacturing Engineer job in Marion, VA, please apply via the 'apply now' link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services-from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for nearly 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.