Umbilical Systems Designer Kent, WA Posted: 10/7/2020
An Umbilical Systems Designer job in Kent, WA is currently available through Belcan. In this role, you will be responsible for working with the Umbilical team to design, develop, and test the umbilical systems between the ground, first, and second stages. To be considered for this role, you will have a Minimum of a B.S. degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering, and 6+ years of experience with launch vehicle, aircraft, or spacecraft fluid or mechanical systems.
Umbilical Systems Designer Job duties:
* Engage in all levels of the entire design cycle of umbilical systems including conceptual design from requirements, system performance modeling, system layout and structural analysis, manufacturing and integration support, test definition and mission support
* System synthesis from initial sizing and performance calculations to full system 1-D thermo-fluid analysis and CFD as required
* Documentation of engineering deliverables including interfaces, drawings per ASME Y14.5, FEA, and other analysis
* Component level testing by coordinating test plans, procedures, fixtures, test execution, and data analysis
* Pressurized system analysis using hand calculations and FEA
* Experience in 3D CAD programs (Creo Pro/E and Pro/E Piping preferred) and GD&T
* Experience in the use of FEA analysis tools (ANSYS preferred)
* Experience with pressurized system or component design
* Working knowledge of fabrication, integration processes, and quality control techniques relative to tubes and machined components
* Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum
If you are interested in this Umbilical Systems Designer job in Kent, WA, please apply via the 'apply now' link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services-from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for nearly 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age.