Principal Software Engineer Scottsdale, AZ Posted: 12/16/2020
24 month max
A Principal Software Engineer job in Scottsdale, AZ is currently available through Belcan. In this role, you will be responsible for further advancing the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation"s core defense/intelligence services and systems. To be considered for this role, Bachelor"s degree in software engineering or a related technical field is required (or equivalent experience), plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; agile experience preferred.
Principal Software Engineer Job duties:
* Perform software requirements analysis, participate in research, design, develop and test software and tools, to include development of new work products or enhancing existing applications
* Apply the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the generation of technical engineering products
* Provide leadership to cross functional software development teams and lead small technical proposals and contributes to medium sized proposals
* Perform technical planning, verification and validation of others work, cost and risk analysis, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems
* Participate in internal reviews of software components and systems
* Strong leadership skills suitable for recruiting, leading and managing teams of engineers to solve challenging problems
* Strong fundamentals in data structures and algorithms along with solid object oriented programming and software design skills
* Deep exposure to Unix/Linux systems as well as Windows
If you are interested in this Principal Software Engineer job in Scottsdale, AZ, please apply via the 'apply now' link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services-from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for nearly 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age.