Paint Equipment Design Engineer Fremont, CA Posted: 1/25/2021
A Paint Equipment Design Engineer job in Fremont, CA is currently available through Belcan. In this role, you will be responsible for driving development and continuous improvement of equipment, paint process and standards with the Paint Shop. To be considered for this role, you will have a Bachelor"s degree in Industrial, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering plus a minimum of 3 years of experience in a technical engineering role.
Paint Equipment Design Engineer Job duties:
* Perform root cause analysis on equipment bad actors and major unplanned downtime. Develop and implement solutions using problem solving analysis such 8D and several other tools.
* Work in a team of engineers and technicians as an in-house integration team that scopes and executes projects from concept through to start-up and commissioning.
* Become subject matter expert on all equipment - mechanical, electrical, instrumentation and controls - and train other engineers and technicians in the paint shop.
* Takes initiative to create, implement and improve PM documents and schedules, under the direction of the maintenance management.
* Perform major equipment repairs and rebuilds, (some weekends and holidays required).
* Knowledge on paint processes and robot programming (Durr equipment is a plus).
* Skilled with the use of a variety of hand and portable tools, as well as general machining and welding.
* Able to read and interpret mechanical drawings and electrical schematics.
* Willing to perform shift work (nights) and overtime as required.
If you are interested in this Paint Equipment Design Engineer position in Fremont, CA please apply via the 'apply now' link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services - from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age.