Sr. Drafter Oxnard, CA Posted: 3/4/2021
A Sr. Drafter role located in Oxnard, CA is currently available through Belcan. The Sr. Drafter will apply scientific principles to design, structure development, machines, tools, systems or manufacturing processes. Predicts operation and economics of items under specific operating conditions.
Sr. Drafter duties:
* Creates and modifies detailed drawings using CAD hardware and software from sketches,
layouts or notes provided by engineering.
* Completes details of major layout drawings prepared by others in accordance with standard
engineering drafting practices.
* Utilizes computer-aided design equipment and/or graphic tools such as, CAD, CAM or CATIA.
* Incumbent works from data such as previous drawings, layouts, detailed sketches, notes, verbal
instructions, and standard references directed by engineers.
* Contributes design modifications to facilitate manufacturing operation or quality of product.
* Checks drawing plots versus the project input for correctness and conformance to standards.
* Works with engineers regarding model accuracy, design, drafting standards and ECN/ECR
* May work with system management including file maintenance, backup and storage.
* Final drawings must display completeness, clarity, and accuracy.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* 5 years of experience in the RF industry or equivalent.
* Experience using Solidworks.
* Autodesk Inventor is a plus.
* Experience in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc.
If you are interested in this Sr. Drafter role located in Oxnard, CA please apply via the 'apply now' link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers" better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services-from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for over 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age.